PEAX Equipment

Wyoming preference points?

Wyhunter

So, this year a buddy and decided to start buying preference points for Wyoming. We are going to buy one every year for elk, deer, and pronghorn. How many points does it take to draw a descent unit in each? I need to do a ton of research on it still, he just talked me into it before the deadline. I'll be excited to see some new country out there.

Depends upon your definition of “decent”.
Hang around here long enough and you’ll see that while there are units with exceptional access to large numbers of quality animals, there are also quality animals in every unit including those not known to deplete all yer points.

one thing I’ve learned here is the guys who score really nicely when they cash in their points are the ones who’ve been practicing hard in second choice units all along.

I'm watching this thread. Keen on 2021 but hesitant to use the 2 points I'll have by then on mule deer when they might be better spent in a few years. Our economy sucking and the usd to aud conversion is also not ideal at the moment.

Thanks for the info gents. I figured I have a few years to do some real research on it. I just wasnt sure when to dump points. I'm excited to hunt Wyoming. Idaho is getting bad at how they manage their game

If your just purchasing a point in Wyoming for 2020 elk and deer, you can just wait for the point buying time of the year correct? July right?no need to apply for the draw if you just going to buy a point in Wyoming this year for elk and deer....?.?.? Thanks for the clarification 👍🏻

If your just purchasing a point in Wyoming for 2020 elk and deer, you can just wait for the point buying time of the year correct? July right?no need to apply for the draw if you just going to buy a point in Wyoming this year for elk and deer....?.?.? Thanks for the clarification 👍🏻

Buy the point later in the summer. Application doesn't include a point if not successful

Last edited:
Yep, The dates are July 1 to November 2 to purchase big game preference points.

Back