Wyoming Point Averaging

dannyb278

Hoping you guys can double check my math. Previously when I've applied as part of a Party in Wyoming, there have been only 2 of us, and its been easy to figure out how many points we have has a group. This year we have 4 applicants, two of wich have the same number of points, and i'm a little confused on how those points would average out for the group. Here is the equation

Individual 1......3 points
Individual 2......3 points
Individual 3......2 points
Individual 4......1 point

2.25 is obviously the average, but I wasn't quite sure if there was some squirrely Wyoming Game and Fish math involved with having multiple 3 point applicants, held by Non-Resident hunters. 1 +1 rarely equals 2 in my experience trying to learn these non-resident regulations.

So if we all apply together, how many points would we be working with as a party?

Thanks.

Last edited:
total number of points/total number of people

As a heart attack is to a Boomer. Wasn't quite sure if there was some squirrely Wyoming Game and Fish math involved with having multiple 3 point applicants.

I know your new around here, but you might also be new to how easy it is for states to throw a curveball into how points are calculated, especially for out of state hunters. 1+1 rarely equals 2.

Hoping you guys can double check my math. Previously when I've applied as part of a Party in Wyoming, there have been only 2 of us, and its been easy to figure out how many points we have has a group. This year we have 4 applicants, two of wich have the same number of points, and i'm a little confused on how those points would average out for the group. Here is the equation

Individual 1......3 points
Individual 2......3 points
Individual 3......2 points
Individual 4......1 point

So if we all apply together, how many points would we be working with as a party?

Thanks.
16829629425828596582196845199601_1183979011304544.gif

Does a party that averages 2.75 points draw before a party with 2.25? Or would they both be placed in the "<3" category? It's my understanding that they would both be placed into the same pool and 2.75 is no better than 2.25. Not sure though.

Does a party that averages 2.75 points draw before a party with 2.25? Or would they both be placed in the "<3" category? It's my understanding that they would both be placed into the same pool and 2.75 is no better than 2.25. Not sure though.

A party with 2.2501 points would draw before a party with 2.2500 points.

ClearCreek

2.25 is obviously the average, but I wasn't quite sure if there was some squirrely Wyoming Game and Fish math involved with having multiple 3 point applicants, held by Non-Resident hunters. 1 +1 rarely equals 2 in my experience trying to learn these non-resident regulations.

Game departments are a lot better at knowing point totals than their customers.

great question. thanks.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back