Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Wyoming Online Apps.

AZ402

I see they are charging credit cards up front. Seems like WY has the right idea. I wish AZ would follow suit with the WY online process and charge up front as well. Buzz or any other WY resident, any thoughts on the online applications???

I was going to purchase an elk point yesterday. Guess I have to wait until July for the point buy. I will be applying for lopes and deer though, just gotta wait until the last minute to make unit decisions.:D

I dont have a problem with either AZ or WY as far as the on-line applications.

I bet it wouldnt make much difference in odds or # of applicants if AZ did the same thing as WY though. Just a guess.

Doesn't charging the money up front waste alot of the game departments money as a vendor pays a % to the credit card machine company. Then refunds the entire amount back to the customer?

Here at work we pay almost 3% on most transactions.

Unless the states can do it different as Colorado has been charging CC up front for a couple years now except for the big $ NR tags like sheep and moose, seems to be working for them.

I am not sure it helps odds. Colorado certainly has not gotten better.

The potential or actual charge to my card when it comes to tags is of little concern to me. Deal with the bill when it comes, either way.

I think the only real difference for AZ charging up front would be in the Desert Sheep odds. It may only be a 1%-2% but that's a lot for sheep. If you look back in the older odds books. There are many hunts that have dropped in odds since the online app process. They are slight in some units and over 5% in others. 5% doesn't sound like much but I'd rather have 10% simple odds in a unit than 5% simple odds.

Oh I totally agree cc apps screw odds. I just don't think it matters much if it is up front........or only if you draw, in this charge it up economy/mind set we have.

I take it you have max for sheep?

I think that online apps generally make odds worse. In addition, charging up front probably doesn't help odds much when you can put it on the credit card.

I'll put in regardless of online apps or charging up front, but having the option to do it online and be sure that everything went through ok sure is comforting.
just my 2 cents.

Dinkshooter said:
Oh I totally agree cc apps screw odds. I just don't think it matters much if it is up front........or only if you draw, in this charge it up economy/mind set we have.

I take it you have max for sheep?

I don't have max sheep points. I missed a few years when I was starving in college(I'm close to max though). I think that if you had to put the sheep fees up front, whether on a card or check, the odds would change. What happens is people put their whole family in for sheep. If you were fronting $200 a pop as a resident, it adds up quick.

I kinda wish the other states would do some sheep,moose,goat tags for archery only, like Colorado. Drops the odds then at least you get to hunt sheep once in your life. Even if you don't get a sheep. I already had my chance and would only be thrilled to get another.

15 days, 15 lbs, 2 passed shots and a FREAKING MISS @ 32 yards. THey put me in a straight jacket right after this picture on the last day of the season. Holding what appears to be a 200+ ram:D

Attachments

• Copy of ScannedImage.jpg
    Copy of ScannedImage.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 69
I think for the Younger Crowd Charging up front sucks. Once you're in a Point of your life were you have a Couple Bucks and Realize Hunting other states is what you want to do. Weather I pay $5,000 in fees up front and get $4,500 back or I pay $500 upfront and nothing back becasue I didn't have to frontthe money, It's all the same. I can use my Retirement money or rainy day Funds to sit in a F&G office somewere or it can Sit in the Bank. Either way I don't see it ever......

Make sence?

Anyways, We're applying for Wyoming again regardless. And Oregon, and New Mexico .. And Colorado.. and Montana...... and ..... :D

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back