Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Wyoming Hunt

Kiwi

Well I hope I've done the right thing!

Saw that there was an Elk 25 tag in the WY leftover and purchased it! I normally do many hours of research before I buy a tag but seems like it could be a good tag so now the online research starts! If any one is willing to help or share their recent experiences that would be great to get some first hand info - PM would be best. Thanks in advance!

If anyone wants info on New Zealand hunting just send me a PM.

Last edited:
Well I hope I've done the right thing!

Saw that there was a Elk 25-1 tag in the WY leftover and purchased it! I normally do many hours of research before I buy a tag but seems like it could be a good tag so now the online research starts! If any one is willing to help or share their recent experiences that would be great to get some first hand info - PM would be best. Thanks in advance!

If anyone wants info on New Zealand hunting just send me a PM.
Lol I saw that same one. I was going to snag it but my season is way booked. Should be a stellar tag.

I have no advice but put myself in a very similar situation with a leftover tag this fall. Between purchasing the tag and opening day is 3.5 weeks. Never been in the state, much less the unit!

Must have been a returned tag, its fairly difficult to draw in that unit. Even as a resident. Looks like a 84% success rate last year. Good luck on your hunt, ill be excited to see how it turns out... from my measly general tag 🤣

That's awesome, looking forward to your recaps! Good luck to you and your son!

PM sent. It wasn’t a true leftover, but someone must have returned the tag.
I could be wrong, but don’t returned tags in WY only go to disabled vets? Not the leftover list. Not sure. Anyhow, good on you!! Can’t wait for the stories. Wishing you and your son the best of luck with a fruitful season

I find it funny the way leftover, returned, and re-issued tags can get awarded to someone halfway around the world even before people from our own country even get them. Lol.

Good luck on the tag!

I could be wrong, but don’t returned tags in WY only go to disabled vets? Not the leftover list. Not sure. Anyhow, good on you!! Can’t wait for the stories. Wishing you and your son the best of luck with a fruitful season
The only tags that go to disabled vets are the ones that are donated to that cause. You need to fill out a form, then organizations like hunt for heros can help the vets get the tags. They can also be donated to a particular vet if you know who you want to give it to.

The only tags that go to disabled vets are the ones that are donated to that cause. You need to fill out a form, then organizations like hunt for heros can help the vets get the tags. They can also be donated to a particular vet if you know who you want to give it to.
I see. Thanks for the clarification.

I waffled away from this tag, ended up drawing a different unit, but I had a lot of escouting done. I can share what I researched, with the caveat that I haven't hunted it.

I had the permit last year for 27/25 archery season. Stayed in Atlantic City (unit 25) but hunted 27 (much rougher country). Beautiful country, great people. Would love to go back. Good luck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back