MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Wyoming Mule Deer

HalfAce

Had a good hunt in Wyoming this year! My first time hunting for Mule Deer in the state. I drew a 2nd choice Mule Deer tag this year wanting to save my points but also wanting a tag to hunt since i didn't know what else i may or may not draw this year.

I hear a lot of doom and gloom about Wyoming Mule Deer Hunting in the trophy units, but the under-subscribed units have some nice bucks, and i had a great time.

The story is pretty short on this one, I got to the area one day early and scouted as much as i could that day. I found an area of good sign and saw a small bachelor group of bucks. The next morning i started in that area, and found some deer 300 yards from the day before. I shot this buck from just over 200 yards with a 300 RUM. I had a great time in new country, and will be back again!

Attachments

• WYBuck19.JPG
    WYBuck19.JPG
    142.6 KB · Views: 1,822
  • WYBuck21.JPG
    WYBuck21.JPG
    180.3 KB · Views: 1,826
  • WYBuck20.JPG
    WYBuck20.JPG
    191.5 KB · Views: 1,822
That buck is larger than anything I saw this year in unit H first choice area. If it was shot on public land, then I must be completely in the dark when it comes to finding deer in WY. Congrats BTW!!

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back