Wyoming moose

wytex

Caught this nice bull crossing the road to feed on the way out form cutting firewood.
Anyone with a southern Wyo tag ?

Post up some more moose pics if you have them. Hoping for something decent for the spouse in Western Wyo this fall.

IMG_2727 copy.jpg
IMG_2661 copy.jpg

I see those up in the Snowies a lot. I haven't put in for moose. I am thinking more and more about it.

Nice pic.

There was a pretty nice bull hanging around our land in Carbon County a few years ago. Haven't had a chance to throw a camera up on the pond on NF he likes to bed in and around yet this year, but I doubt anyone's killed him. I'm excited to see if he's still alive and still up there, he had all the makings of an excellent Shiras with a few more years on him...

I'll post pics if I can find him again this year.

Couple trail cam pics. Maybe he doesn't have the makings of a big bull like I said before. Hope to bump into him this year, he's just cool and he was pretty patterned in the past. Also, couple of bonus bears from the same spot.

Attachments

• IMAG0399.JPG
    IMAG0399.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 169
  • IMAG0948.JPG
    IMAG0948.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 169
  • IMAG0649.JPG
    IMAG0649.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Cool bull 307, I would be buying a bear licenses also.
Areas to our east here in Laramie have no sow quota now.

Yeah, we've got a lot of them up there. I hadn't heard that about the sow quota east of laramie, that's very interesting.

Last edited:
I saw 9 bulls driving from Saratoga to Laramie at sunset a couple of weeks ago, a couple of really nice ones. Really hope I can draw a 38 tag one day.
Really? This year I have hardly seen any. There were two big ones that used to hang out next to the road all the time. But I have not seen them this year. I actually watched them fight 2 years ago a couple miles from Ryan Park. Watched them for about 10 minutes until a great white hunter came along and started making noises thinking he was moose calling. But instead sounded like he was trying to pass a kidney stone. Of course all he did was manage to push the Bulls back into the trees.

Really? This year I have hardly seen any. There were two big ones that used to hang out next to the road all the time. But I have not seen them this year. I actually watched them fight 2 years ago a couple miles from Ryan Park. Watched them for about 10 minutes until a great white hunter came along and started making noises thinking he was moose calling. But instead sounded like he was trying to pass a kidney stone. Of course all he did was manage to push the Bulls back into the trees.
It can be hit or miss for me on that drive, I can go a month without seeing one and then suddenly see multiple bulls in one evening.

Yeah, I haven't seen any off the highway for a few years, but I'll never forget the one of the nicest looking Shiras I've ever seen up there. This was probably 10 or 12 years ago. We were going to fish at Treasure Island, and the orange was just starting to come up in the sky. We were just starting to come down off the flats towards Saratoga and spotted the bull off the highway. We stopped and took a couple of crappy cell phone photos that didn't do the situation any justice. I didn't even know I still had em but I thought it try and dig them up after reading some of the other posts.222682_1065210921205_7942_n.jpg224717_1065212801252_9529_n.jpg222412_1065212841253_9890_n.jpg

Good friends of mine own the medicine bow lodge just west of Ryan park. Have seen some real nice critters in that area all seasons of the year. As others have said it’s been feast or famine for me though. See a couple in one trip or may not see them for months.

im 68 with 20 nr moose points...old, fat and tired...hunted alot around saratoga over the years...killed elk in sierra madres, deer in the snowies, antelope in between....SERIOUSLY thinking about burning points for 38 cow...was gonna hold out and draw and donate it to a wounded warrior but 90/10 has screwed that up...gotta a 14 yr old grandson living with me that would prolly kill me if i donated...anyway...im gonna need some local love down the road so i dont have to keep the kid out of school for 2 weeks...thanks in advance...viva rustic bar!!!

im 68 with 20 nr moose points...old, fat and tired...hunted alot around saratoga over the years...killed elk in sierra madres, deer in the snowies, antelope in between....SERIOUSLY thinking about burning points for 38 cow...was gonna hold out and draw and donate it to a wounded warrior but 90/10 has screwed that up...gotta a 14 yr old grandson living with me that would prolly kill me if i donated...anyway...im gonna need some local love down the road so i dont have to keep the kid out of school for 2 weeks...thanks in advance...viva rustic bar!!!
There is talk of splitting some moose areas, that may open up a few more tags. Don't give up hope, a cow tag wouldn't be bad.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back