Wyoming Migration Hunt?

BlackTimber

I have a freind that wants to put in for this hunt. I don't know anything about it. Is it any good? What units do you usually hunt? I thought all the surounding units (Jellowstone) were wilderness area in Wyoming. That would mean we would have to have a guide??? I'm assumeing it is when they migrate to Jellystone. It's towards the end of November.
Any info is great. PM/e-mail me if you wish thanx, Tim

Where is he trying to put in for? The migration hunt is typicly for Grand Teton Nation Park. He would have had to apply and put in his application by January. If he is trying for the wilderness areas around Yellowstone then yes, he would need a guide. If it is one of the park areas, he does not need a guide.

I'm not sure exactly. He seems to think that you can put in on the second draw and get the tags. Evidently he works with someone that has taken some good bulls on this migration hunt. Maybe it is a park permit.
I'm just trying to get some other info on it.

The left over tags list is not on the Wyoming G&F site yet. No doubt about it, some dandy bulls come out of the migration hunt. Try and find out what area he is looking at.

OH Yes...I can attest to the massive size of some of the boy's pulled out of this hunt and sitting in trailers along side the road, they were awsome!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Nope, I'll be getting together this weekend with for some dog training. I'll talk to him then.
smile.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back