Caribou Gear

Wyoming leftover tags, anything still worth having?

VAspeedgoat

Virginia is deciding on the date of football but none of the scenarios they are considering involve playing this fall. So that got me thinking about hunting instead. I looked on wyoming's home page and there are still a few cow, antelope and deer tags left. But then reality sets in and I figure these are for private land only and likely beyond difficult to get access. Curious for opinions.

Reactions: LCH
VAspeedgoat:

You kinda summed it up.

The antelope licenses left are in areas with either no access to the very little public land that is there or the licenses are valid only on private land where access would be extremely difficult or none.

There are a few antlerless elk licenses left in some areas where it would be possible (but improbable) to kill an antlerless elk.

It appears the deer licenses that are available are for white-tailed does or fawns with the same access issues as the antelope licenses.

Sorry I could not give you more positive news, but that is how it is.

ClearCreek

VAspeedgoat:

You kinda summed it up.

The antelope licenses left are in areas with either no access to the very little public land that is there or the licenses are valid only on private land where access would be extremely difficult or none.

There are a few antlerless elk licenses left in some areas where it would be possible (but improbable) to kill an antlerless elk.

It appears the deer licenses that are available are for white-tailed does or fawns with the same access issues as the antelope licenses.

ClearCreek
I was just looking for the truth, not a positive spin. I feel very awkward about asking for help and not doing any real research, but also didn't want to dedicate a bunch of time to something that has little hope.

I was just looking for the truth, not a positive spin. I feel very awkward about asking for help and not doing any real research, but also didn't want to dedicate a bunch of time to something that has little hope.

Yup, that is understandable!

ClearCreek

VAspeedgoat:

You kinda summed it up.

ClearCreek
+1
prod.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back