Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Wyoming later season

Bannock-pt.

Hey All, I wasn’t able to get out and archery hunt my unit earlier in the season. Unfortunately due to a bunch of work , family and health issues things got put on hold. Wondering what I would find by heading out to wyoming next week? Hard hit unit 26 to be exact. I should say success to me isn’t measured by a harvest and after some difficult health challenges a good vacation would be a blessing at this point. However, having said all that what can I expect to find this time of yr? Weather, antelope numbers, people still hunting etc. any and all info is appreciated.

Never been there, so this is general/guess info.

26 closes 10/14, so you are tail ending the season, which typically means less people, so hopefully the animals return to more relaxed visible patterns

Weather has been, and stays, warm. Mid 80s today through Saturday. I live about 100 miles north. Though next week, starting Sunday we should get a big cooldown, with highs dropping to 60s.

mid October isn't really late for pronghorn, I would guess they aren't grouping up for winter yet.

My Daughter and I just returned from 26. We started hunting on Sunday the 4th. Lot's of carcasses laying around from successful hunters from the opener a week ago and still quite a few hunters out on that Sunday we started hunting. I was surprised at how many.

Most of the antelope that we saw were on private and we put a lot of miles on the truck and on our boots to get to public antelope. We both filled our tags that first Sunday but it literally took from sun up from sun down to do it and were weren't passing up opportunities. We both shot decent mature bucks, but they were also the first ones we had a shot at too.

I don't think you would have a problem this late in the season. Weather was great and if you are determined and not to picky you'll find a decent buck.

Hope that helps.

I live here in Wy, but have never hunted that area for antelope. They are very active in our area (Carbon County) still. Sunday is forecast for snow here, so that may make things a bit different.

Thanks guys for all the great intel. I got more information than I could have hoped for. Yes, it helps!

I’m interested in your hunt. My daughter and I are planning to hunt WY next year, and I am considering the late season tactic. Not decided on a unit yet, but may not be able to get there early season

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back