MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Wyoming is Up!

I'm a resident in Wyoming and I did like some of the changes they did this year... ok just one change, with sending you a link to your results so you didn't have to try and get on as the page as it crashes all morning...

I really liked the link too.

My first choice took 1 special point for the last 5 years. Didn't draw it with 2 this year.

New to the forum. I guess Wyoming didn't want to give my money back for a non-res deer tag. Now, I've really got a lot to learn about Wyoming. I only put in the draw just as a back pocket tag for my friends elk tag.
Any advice or suggestions for Deer 41 and 46 areas is most appreciated.

Struck out on antelope buck for the first time since I have been going. Was always a non-res. Retired, built a house and moved here this spring and struck out on the draw. Guess I jinxed myself.
I did get a deer tag and two antelope doe tags.

If you are only wanting to kill a deer, no issue in 46. If your looking for a trophy be prepared to put in the time. Love the mountain mulies. Do lots of glassing and hunt near tree line for the big ones. No info to offer for 41.

New to the forum. I guess Wyoming didn't want to give my money back for a non-res deer tag. Now, I've really got a lot to learn about Wyoming. I only put in the draw just as a back pocket tag for my friends elk tag.
Any advice or suggestions for Deer 41 and 46 areas is most appreciated.
Be mobile ( use your truck) and when you find a “deery” spot with slightly less truck traffic, get deeper than the other guys and you’ll find deer.

I only drew unit 102 but that will have to do
You poor thing. I'll trade you my General deer tag for that 102! You can hunt anywhere with my general tag, which is way better than being stuck in one area!

You poor thing. I'll trade you my General deer tag for that 102! You can hunt anywhere with my general tag, which is way better than being stuck in one area!
As much as I appreciate your generous offer I would just not want feel right about sticking you in one tiny unit like 102. I do believe that Wyomings general units are better than anything you will find in my home state. I think I will just head east and grind it out with the other 200 unfortunate hunters that are limited to this area. I feel good about my chances as it is an "any deer" tag so the first spike I see is in serious trouble!

As much as I appreciate your generous offer I would just not want feel right about sticking you in one tiny unit like 102. I do believe that Wyomings general units are better than anything you will find in my home state. I think I will just head east and grind it out with the other 200 unfortunate hunters that are limited to this area. I feel good about my chances as it is an "any deer" tag so the first spike I see is in serious trouble!
Good thought. In that area, I would definitely shoot the first thing I saw with horns. You've got to take what you can get.

:)

Good thought. In that area, I would definitely shoot the first thing I saw with horns. You've got to take what you can get.

:)LOL!!! I like the way you think! If it's brown, it's down!!! I will wipe the milk off it's lips if that's what it takes to put venison in the freezer.

46 has lots of Wilderness and more elk than deer. 41 has a good variety of whitetail and mule deer. You should have a good hunt, lots of deer there. Make sure you have OnX maps.
41 the deer herd is way down. Very few pockets of decent mule deer left if any and they are hard to find once opening day hits. The big whitetail are on private. Most whitetail you will see are 100 to 125" if you are lucky. Over hunted on late season whitetail. Used to be good whitetail and muleys 20 years ago. Lost of what I call no man's land. Looks gamie but nothing's been there for along time. Hunt hard and you may get lucky. Good luck

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back