Wyoming Gun Bill

I agree with what most have said, it will likely never stand. However, it can make a statement to the Federal government. Do I believe the statement will be well listened to, not really. Our voices being heard on this subject is very important.

http://blog.wilsoncombat.com/paul-howe/2nd-amendment-and-the-kool-aid-drinkers-by-paul-howe/

I believe this is pertinent to the discussion as well when talking about what a state can or can't do. Who would enforce this?

It's unconstitutional. It violates the Supremacy clause. Federal law trumps state law.

BL, agreed that it won't stand. However, I still believe a statement is worth making in the sense that there are large groups of people who carry the Second Amendment very close to their heart. Those voices should be heard, and the NRA won't necessarily have the best way of doing that all the time.

Then it should be a resolution, not legislation. You'll end up wasting a lot of money fighting in the courts only to lose.

It's unconstitutional. It violates the Supremacy clause. Federal law trumps state law.

Didn't stop half the states in the country from medical mj laws or even going a step further like CO and WA have done in spite of federal laws. Obviously this is much different but just sayin.

Didn't stop half the states in the country from medical mj laws or even going a step further like CO and WA have done in spite of federal laws. Obviously this is much different but just sayin.

If we spend the time to look at all the unconstitutional laws that are passed, we'd all miss the next 30 hunting seasons. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fingelfinger
Back