Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Wyoming general vs limited entry

I'm confused as to how its general for residents but not for nonresidents? Also, do you have enough points to draw the area you have experience in? If so, I would put in for that area since you know it and have seen elk in it before.
You're correct I worded that wrong. It is a general tag. I had in my head LQ since I was a non resident and there was no OTC for non resident.

Screw that, hunt the LE Tag and tell me where all those General Tag bulls are!

Explore something new and exciting!!! :ROFLMAO:
I'm thinking my 4 points, even in the special draw won't yield me a tag better than a general

One thing to make sure of is exactly when are you seeing the elk? The general areas in Wyoming can become pretty crowded on opening day of rifle season for sure.

Just because you saw some elk when you were antelope hunting in September doesn't mean they are going to be there in October when rifle season opens.

One thing that I think is a big plus to the general tag is that it gives you a lot of flexibility though. There are something like 7 or 8 different "opening days" if you chase the season dates around the state. If you had the time you could really have some fun going from unit to unit. If you miss out on your unit you could probably move on to another.

One thing to make sure of is exactly when are you seeing the elk? The general areas in Wyoming can become pretty crowded on opening day of rifle season for sure.

Just because you saw some elk when you were antelope hunting in September doesn't mean they are going to be there in October when rifle season opens.

One thing that I think is a big plus to the general tag is that it gives you a lot of flexibility though. There are something like 7 or 8 different "opening days" if you chase the season dates around the state. If you had the time you could really have some fun going from unit to unit. If you miss out on your unit you could probably move on to another.
Most of the elk I've seen were in the first week October. Still normally hear some bugling then also. Probably would plan on hunting archery during the middle of September and possibly come back for rifle depending

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColtenGilbert
Back