Wyoming extends shed closure

kansasdad

Wyoming sent out an email regarding extending the shed hunting closure, now extended to May 15th in specific areas.

Attached link will delineate the lands this applies to in Wyoming.

1682464471573.png

Attachments

• 1682464561500.png
    1682464561500.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I don't shed hunt so I'm biased but I think shed hunters do a disproportionate impact to animals during one of their most critical times of year for survival.

unlike trail hikers, dog walkers, mountain bikers, bird watchers, shed hunters go places (where elk and deer actually are or just were) to find sheds. winter weakens and spring kills - especially when getting bounced by shed hunters. I know many shed hunters do it because they enjoy it only but many more do it for profit. no thanks

get off my lawn lol

Last edited:
I don't shed hunt so I'm biased but I think shed hunters do a disproportionate impact to animals during one of their most critical times of year for survival.

unlike trail hikers, dog walkers, mountain bikers, bird watchers, shed hunters go places (where elk and deer actually are or just were) to find sheds. winter weakens and spring kills - especially when getting bounced by shed hunters. I know many shed hunters do it because they enjoy it only but many more do it for profit. no thanks

get off my lawn lol
Pffft…do you even shed quest broh…

get off my lawn lol
Agreed

I hunt for moose antler drops. I can't see what difference it makes. Except folks can't go hunting for antlers. Just going out for a walk in the bush. I suspect there is a huge difference in pressure put on animals if one compared it to meat hunting.
And when outdoorsfolks start believing that just because they don't participate in a certain activity that it doesn't matter to them. I'll say you're time is coming and we all loose. If it's folks loosing opportunity to use our public lands decisions should be made that provide optimal opportunities. If there is a serious biological reason that's different. But closures effect us all and they should be questioned.

Back