Caribou Gear Tarp

Wyoming Elk Unit 128 who's been there for archery season?

firefighter*17

I'm considering Wyomings general elk unit 128 this year but can't find much info about the unit. Are there many elk in 128 during September or is this more of a winter grounds for them? Any info is appreciated, thank you!

I saw a herd of about 15 elk in there last year on September 30. I was in there for the opener of deer on Oct 1. We were right on top of beaver rim. Long creek mountain is another place they like to hang out in archery season.

I saw a herd of about 15 elk in there last year on September 30. I was in there for the opener of deer on Oct 1. We were right on top of beaver rim. Long creek mountain is another place they like to hang out in archery season.
Thanks for the info! It looks like mostly prairie ground from the maps I've been studying. Does the Long Creek and Beaver Rim area get a lot of archery elk hunting pressure?

Last edited:
Thanks for the info! It looks like mostly prairie ground from the maps I've been studying. Does the Long Creek and Beaver Rim area get a lot of archery elk hunting pressure?
No not a lot of pressure, but there are also isn’t a whole lot of elk but they can be found!

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back