Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Wyoming Elk unit 10

I pulled my bull out of area 10 this year. I have the story typed out, but am trying to figure out how to resize the pictures.

Went to the Hma again this morning with no luck again. Started on the eastern part and found no recent sign but a lot of older, gray sign. Moved to the western part and found some, not much, sign that was not all gray and crumbly. Heard 5 or 6 different shots on the private land adjacent , so they must be near.

I haven't been there yet, but am planning on heading out Wednesday evening just to check it out as I have no clue what it even looks like. One of my friends got an elk there last year. He said some other hunters pushed a herd over the hill towards him.

Strouss Hill HMA

I have a 10-6 cow/calf tag and have been up Falling Pines road (off of Sand Lake) a few times. Saw a ton of hunters but really not a lot of sign. Some tracks here and there that looked old. I was following a cow call but then saw orange ahead, so it was just another hunter. I haven't seen any elk up there but did see a small herd of mule deer about 20 yards from me, which was cool. There *are* still permission slips left for the Strouss Hill HMA (I just got one last week). You can get them online by simply searching for Strouss Hill HMA and following the links. Some old sign there, but I'm not sure how much action it's getting lately. It seems like an area elk would go when they come out of the mountains, but I've thought I was in good habitat before with nothing, so who knows?

We hunted up sand lake road earlier and also fallen pines rd. same deal, old sign, nothing fresh and no elk seen.

Paigeshack -
How in the world did you get an HMA permission slip for area 10 so late? The deadline was 10/15/13, I know because I went to the fish and game office on the 16th only to be turned away empty handed. I just saw your post so I went to the WY game and fish website and tried to apply and it rejected me. "There are no Hunter Management Areas available at this time"

If you have a trick send us the link.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back