Wyoming Elk Tag

tradarch61

Hot darn...just found out I drew a non-resident Wyoming elk tag, unit 38. Any one able to give info on this unit. I plan on a 10 day DIY backpack hunt in mid september. Can you get away from the crowds in this area, or is it too accessible. Hope everyone else's luck was as good as mine this time.

here is some advice, many people hunt or have hunted wyoming(any state for that matter) and have great info but not everyone knows where unit 38 is off the top of there head. I'm not about to waste my time and look it up to see if i know something about it.

You are going to have a blast not to sure about the area have a friend that hunted it awhile ago and got a stud i will call him and see what i can find out for you. Good luck...

Indian larry....why waste your time with that reply

why, because i know many people here have good info. you ask a question like that and you won't get much of an answer because like i said no one knows where it is. there are units in the 30s from Sheridan down to the south boarder. You say you drew a tag south of Rock springs your opening your self up to a lot of help. 1 people know where its at and people that have hunted units around there can also give great info. not all people memorize the draw regs and know that the other group of 30s is west of Sheridan. people recognize "west of Sheridan" or the big horn mountains easier then unit 38. If your searching for info make it easier on your self and others and maybe someone would give you a hand. they may not have hunted 38 but they may of hunted right around there and give you more info then you could have ever needed.

Last edited:
Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back