Wyoming Elk Outfitters

dididraw

I'm kicking around the idea of a wilderness Wyoming elk hunt next year. I have one less than maximum preference points and I'm interested in a hunt where there is a legitimate chance at a 350+ bull. Would prefer a Sept hunt but may consider some of the later migration type hunts. I am in good physical shape and would enjoy roughing it from a wilderness camp.

Can anyone give me some good starting points for honest, hard working Wyoming outfitters in units that grow big bulls? Seems there are quite a number of outfitters out there.

Thanks for your thoughts and advice.

I cashed in max points this year. I'm hunting on my own. I say screw the outfitters and their wilderness law. There is no way I'm supporting them.

If you want wilderness, just post stating you’d like to hunt with someone who is a resident and can purchase a guide license. If you want to give your new friend a few bucks for gas or whatever that’s between you two. Screw the outfitters.

If you want wilderness, just post stating you’d like to hunt with someone who is a resident and can purchase a guide license. If you want to give your new friend a few bucks for gas or whatever that’s between you two. Screw the outfitters.

This

I don't think this is a bad idea. However, I've talked to several outfitters over the past year looking for potentially guided options as well. I don't recall the units (sure it's on their website) but Shoshone Outfitters was one of the teams that I was impressed with.

Good luck whenever you decide to pull the trigger on that tag.

Resident guide license is free...nothing to purchase.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back