Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Wyoming Elk Outfitters

dididraw

I'm kicking around the idea of a wilderness Wyoming elk hunt next year. I have one less than maximum preference points and I'm interested in a hunt where there is a legitimate chance at a 350+ bull. Would prefer a Sept hunt but may consider some of the later migration type hunts. I am in good physical shape and would enjoy roughing it from a wilderness camp.

Can anyone give me some good starting points for honest, hard working Wyoming outfitters in units that grow big bulls? Seems there are quite a number of outfitters out there.

Thanks for your thoughts and advice.

I cashed in max points this year. I'm hunting on my own. I say screw the outfitters and their wilderness law. There is no way I'm supporting them.

If you want wilderness, just post stating you’d like to hunt with someone who is a resident and can purchase a guide license. If you want to give your new friend a few bucks for gas or whatever that’s between you two. Screw the outfitters.

If you want wilderness, just post stating you’d like to hunt with someone who is a resident and can purchase a guide license. If you want to give your new friend a few bucks for gas or whatever that’s between you two. Screw the outfitters.

This

I don't think this is a bad idea. However, I've talked to several outfitters over the past year looking for potentially guided options as well. I don't recall the units (sure it's on their website) but Shoshone Outfitters was one of the teams that I was impressed with.

Good luck whenever you decide to pull the trigger on that tag.

Resident guide license is free...nothing to purchase.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back