Wyoming Elk Harvest Info Posted on WY G&F site

Divide the "Bull" column by total Type 1 tags and one can see that Wyoming will probably not have trouble selling out their bull elk permits anytime soon. Those are impressive harvest stats for elk, especially on units that are a lot of public land.

How can they put out these stats, if they don't even survey hunters? Nobody ever knew that I killed an elk, unless the private land coupon is how they did it.

How can they put out these stats, if they don't even survey hunters? Nobody ever knew that I killed an elk, unless the private land coupon is how they did it.

They tally the landowner coupons, plus most hunters get an on-line survey. I always get an on-line survey, for all species.

I also was talking to a biologist that mentioned they may go to a system where you can use an app on your phone to send in harvest data.

They tally the landowner coupons, plus most hunters get an on-line survey. I always get an on-line survey, for all species.

I also was talking to a biologist that mentioned they may go to a system where you can use an app on your phone to send in harvest data.

The method used by Wyoming is 95% accurate according to Dept personnel here in Casper. They use a strict model based off surveys and are very persistent to get replies if a hunter is chosen. From all I have seen, I have confidence in they way they do it.

The app would be nice and also very easy. I usually get a survey, also, but either I did not get one this year, or I already forgot about it!:rolleyes:

I didn't know there was an online survey. I even called fish and game and they said if they wanted info, they would mail me something.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabee Shooter
Back