Yeti GOBOX Collection

Wyoming Elk Gen vs Draw tag

isu22andy

Im a DIY hunter from Iowa . Bow hunt and rifle hunt. . 30s work in Agriculture and family farms so Oct-Nov Im largely in a combine or grain cart... . I Have 5 points for Wyoming Elk. I know 3 gets me a general tag.

Question is - would I better be off drawing limited draw tag such as Unit 34 ( Just a stab at a unit that looks interesting on GoHunt) or would I be better off getting a General Tag . I see some of the limited draw tags rifle seasons aren't as long as the rifle seasons in the general units . It would be nice to learn a General tag area so I can continue to go every 3 years but is a limited draw tag that much better ? Opinions ?

Picture for fun - Love to trap coyotes too !

Attachments

• IMG_1757.jpeg
    IMG_1757.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Unless I'm missing something, or you are looking at the non-res special draw, 3 points was no guarantee this year (41.81% chance of getting your name called) and it usually doesn't require less points as time goes on.

With that said, I went with a gen tag this year because I like the unit flexibility that it provides.

Unless I'm missing something, or you are looking at the non-res special draw, 3 points was no guarantee this year (41.81% chance of getting your name called) and it usually doesn't require less points as time goes on.

With that said, I went with a gen tag this year because I like the unit flexibility that it provides.
You are correct.

I just burned 4 points on a general tag this year. I doubt I’ll draw it again in less than 7 years, maybe more.

For me I get general as a last resort. Limited draw gives fewer people

I only have experience in 3 units, 2 for general tag, one limited draw, I'll take limited over general all day long

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back