Yeti GOBOX Collection

Wyoming Draw?

xXLoneBowmanXx

Happy Friday, everyone!

I apologize in advance if this has been asked before, but I've searched the forum and have not been able to find the right answers. I'm new to applying in Wyoming, but I have a few questions still.

1. I know that WY charges your CC as soon as you apply and then reimburses it if you dont draw successful, but if you apply for 3 choices does it bill you immediately for all 3 of them?

2. Can a person list a standard random draw as their 1st choice and the special draw as their 2nd or 3rd choice?

3. If you do list a special draw as the 2nd choice and that one is successful, do you still get a PP for your 1st choice if it is unsuccessful?

Thanks in advance!

If you choose the special draw you'll be charged the full special price once. Not separately for each of your 3 choices. I believe you now have to buy a preference point separately even if you are unsuccessful in first second or third choice draw.

1. No, you only get billed once because its one application.

2. Special and regular draws are two seperate draws. You can not combine them on an application.

3. I believe you keep your preference points if you draw your second choice, but you will not automatically be issue a preference point. You will have to purchase that after July 1.

Thank you guys for the response. Do you have to have an unsuccessful drawing on record to qualify for buying a PP in July? Or can I skip the random draw application and just buy a point when July 1 rolls around?

Do you have to have an unsuccessful drawing on record to qualify for buying a PP in July?
With the new change, you are not allowed to buy a preference point for the following year if you were success in drawing your first choice. Like CRAZYCARL said, you can always just buy the point if you haven't applied. You cannot apply for both regular and special, since there would be a possibility of getting both:

(e) For elk, no person shall apply for and receive more than
one (1) full price (General, Type 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 9) and one
(1) reduced price cow/calf (Type 6, 7 or 8) license through the
initial drawing. After the initial drawing, a person may apply
for and receive up to a total of three (3) elk licenses, of which
no more than one (1) shall be a General, Type 0, 1, 2, 3 or 9
license. However, no person shall apply for and receive more
than a total of three (3) elk licenses which shall include not
more than one (1) General, Type 0, 1, 2, 3 or 9 license in a
single hunting season.

With the new change, you are not allowed to buy a preference point for the following year if you were success in drawing your first choice. Like CRAZYCARL said, you can always just buy the point if you haven't applied. You cannot apply for both regular and special, since there would be a possibility of getting both:

(e) For elk, no person shall apply for and receive more than
one (1) full price (General, Type 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 9) and one
(1) reduced price cow/calf (Type 6, 7 or 8) license through the
initial drawing. After the initial drawing, a person may apply
for and receive up to a total of three (3) elk licenses, of which
no more than one (1) shall be a General, Type 0, 1, 2, 3 or 9
license. However, no person shall apply for and receive more
than a total of three (3) elk licenses which shall include not
more than one (1) General, Type 0, 1, 2, 3 or 9 license in a
single hunting season.

Ah, ok... that makes sense. Thank you for clarifying!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back