Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Wyoming Draw Question

fishing4sanity

I'm sure it has been asked and explained already, but I'm not having any luck searching old threads, so I'll apologize up front. I have 2 preference points and hear talk about not burning them by applying to a unit you won't draw and relying on 2nd choice. My question is when they go to the 2nd choice do your preference points give you any advantage or are you looking at the random draw odds with no preference points? I'm easily confused by this draw process.:confused:

you keep your preference points if you do NOT draw your first choice. No, your preference points do NOT give you any advantage in your second choice.... so put in for a very easy unit to draw as your second choice. Example.... second choice the has left over tags or where people with zero points have a good chance of drawing.

If you need help with the Wyoming "draw tables" let me know and I will try and help.

good luck to all
the dog

pointingdog, thanks for the help, that was how I thought it worked. One more rookie question, if I pay for the preference point option while making this current application, will that in effect move me into the 3 pp category for draw odds? By the way, someday I'm going to stop waiting until the deadline to apply ....... maybe.

Buying a preference point NOW will not affect your draw odds (add points to your total). If you apply & buy a preference point TODAY and you draw your first choice this season you will lose your 2 pref. points and they will refund the money that you used to buy this years pref. point. SO next year you will have NO pref points. I just apply in the spring for my tag and if I do NOT draw my first choice.... I then apply for the pref. point in the July - Sept Pref. point application period. This point will be good for 2013.

Clear as mud???

good luck to all
the dog

Last edited:
Just make sure you go online and get your application in before 5PM MST today. Then you have until June 3 to modify your choices, as long as you have applied before the deadline today.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back