Wyoming deer info needed for a bud

schmalts

I have a friend with a Wy reg C tag. Him and his daughter (the ones i turkey hunt with) Are going out there. I know nothing about that state.. Anyone know about this spot? Anyone know anything they could pass along? Not looking for anyones hot spots but just a spot you seen deer and probably wouldnt hunt yourself. They would be happy to find a spot they can see some deer and maybe tag a couple bucks, 145 inch bucks would make them real happy and i would rather see them go to a spot with a lot of deer to keep it interesting and so the Girl can get her first Mule deer :) I promise pictures if she gets one:D
We looked at maps last week and through our research we came up with this spot.. anyone know anything about it or the others?

# 7 in Sheridan is north of state land which is north of Soldier creek management unit (Militery base), possibly a good spot to go deep.
REGION "C" WALK IN AREAS

UNIT WIA COUNTY

19 7 JOHNSON
33 10 JOHNSON
26 2/3 JOHNSON
163 24 JOHNSON
19 7 CAMPBELL
17 9 CAMPBELL
18 10/13 CAMPBELL
24 1/7/8/9 SHERIDAN

Talk to the BLM office in Buffalo. There is quite a bit of BLM land in that region. We had C tags last year. Wound up hunting on private land, but had scouted out some public. There is a big chunk of BLM up north of Gillette off of 59 called the Burnt Hollow Management Area. It is foot traffic only - about 18,000 acres.

Talk to the BLM office in Buffalo. There is quite a bit of BLM land in that region. We had C tags last year. Wound up hunting on private land, but had scouted out some public. There is a big chunk of BLM up north of Gillette off of 59 called the Burnt Hollow Management Area. It is foot traffic only - about 18,000 acres.

Back