Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Wyoming called...she is looking for her preference point money.

In for Wyoming for DEA as per usual, and will continue to do so until/unless the state starts offering transferable landowner tags (even then will probably continue buying points).

Does anyone here know what the Concorde Fallacy is? it applies. I'm guilty of it. But only to a degree. Wyoming, of course, doesn't want to talk about that.

I am starting over on points for deer and antelope. Will start over on elk next year. Maybe I'll change my mind but right now the alternative would be not going back to WY to hunt. Doesn't seem ideal. My wife is a few points ahead so at least I can average with her...

Received an email that Wyoming Game and Fish is conducting a short survey about changing the moose and sheep draws. (Someone may have already mentioned earlier in a post??)

The survey only takes a few minutes online. For the record with mid-tier points, I hope Wyoming goes weighted bonus. Part of the notice is copied below:

Moose and bighorn sheep hunters: Wyoming Game and Fish wants your input on preference points​

Wyoming Game and Fish Department is asking for input on a recommendation to change how preference points work in moose and bighorn sheep license draws. The proposal— researched and drafted by the Wyoming Wildlife Taskforce — suggests Game and Fish change from a preference point draw to a weighted bonus points draw. The proposed changes would impact the way Wyoming moose and bighorn sheep licenses are issued for residents and nonresidents.

I've hunted every year in Wyoming since 2013, sometimes where and what I want sometimes not. You just have to pay attention to draw odds from year to year and be willing to buy a special once in awhile. Life's to short not to play.
Agree!! Good luck on your wyoming hunt!

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back