Caribou Gear

Wyoming antelope unit 32

Hopingforanelk

Looking for a spot to bring my boys out for a hunt next year with zero points. It looks like there is some decent public access in 32 and no shortage of public ground. Does anyone have experience hunting 32 that can help with numbers?? I've hunted SD quite a few time for antelope and we're not afraid to put some miles on but I'm just curious about numbers. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Area 32 isn't the best choice. There is a heck of a lot more BLM land further south, areas #61 & 62 are good areas but tough to draw. Check out the "Plan your Hunt" section on the Wyoming G&F website. Good info there.

Been pouring through units with better draw options for zero points. Looks like 23 may be a bit easier to draw. Looks to be a good amount of blm ground in the NW corner west of Gillette. Might be worth checking into...anyone have any thoughts?

A call to the game commission and local biologist is worth a ton of information. Not all roads are public on the game commission website map. You need to find the county gis map and compare the 2 maps. Good luck the planning is just as fun as the hunt.

Goat

Here's a rough idea of what I look at when choosing a tag. Draw odds first. Look at several years worth to see if the unit is trending one way or another. Next I check out the access. Wyoming categorizes each unit into groups such as "poor", "good", etc. I'll then look to see what the road situation looks like. Depending on what I'm in the mood for I might want lots of roads for easy access or few roads so I can do some hiking. Finally, I look over the harvest statistics to get an idea of how successful hunters are in the units I've narrowed my search to. I've hunted in units that take 5-6 points to draw as well as leftover units. I've yet to have a bad hunt. Good luck!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back