Wyoming 62 and 63

Nick87

We've got the points to draw either of these areas for this up coming year for type 1. Might actually work out that a couple of family members who are wanting to go along will have the points to draw type 2 also which would work out great. Anyone want to give me any insight about either of these two would be great. Just looking for experience anyone might of had that would suggest if there's anything wrong with either of these two units. Pm's are welcome as I'm not looking to broadcast any info here. Thanks

I've hunted 63. Great unit for a non-resident. I've never seen huge goats there, but I'm not much of a trophy hunter. The terrain can make stalking antelope a challenge.

Yah I misread before I posted this I have enough for type 2 in 62 or type 1 in 63. Would you personally still go 62?
Maybe, but I would go drive through both prior to applying, luxury NR's don't have. There's a couple ranches you can pay a trespass fee on that have lots of bucks on the 62-2 tag.

Probably be better over-all for you to draw the 63-1 tag if you don't want to pay to hunt the 62-2 tag.

But, no question I'd take the 62-1 over the 63-1 tag for sure.

Maybe, but I would go drive through both prior to applying, luxury NR's don't have. There's a couple ranches you can pay a trespass fee on that have lots of bucks on the 62-2 tag.

Probably be better over-all for you to draw the 63-1 tag if you don't want to pay to hunt the 62-2 tag.

But, no question I'd take the 62-1 over the 63-1 tag for sure.
Thanks, yah probably wont pay a trespass fee.

i think its unit 62 antelope//seen a 85"+ buck on south side of ferris mtn,,just acting stupid,,{crazy i know} somehow he knew i only had a cow tag l o l.biggest loper ive ever seen.

If you can get points to draw 62-1 it would be worth the wait over hunting 63-1. But if you’re set on hunting this fall, 63-1 over 62-2 for sure.

I was told by a biologist that 63 has a ton of 13" bucks year after year. I can get excited about that.

63-1 over 62-2 if you are not going to pay a hefty price to get onto private property in 62.

Does anybody know how much are the trespass fees? Does it really makes a difference as far as trophy quality or number of bucks you look at?

Not sure on prices, or if it's even readily available, but given the checkerboard mature of the area, for 62-2, I'd say trespass fee hunt changes everything. However, for 63-1, not so much, easy DIY on BLM.

I saw at best only some average bucks in 63 last year (hunting doe tag, late in the season). Game warden also mentioned numbers were down from some winter kill over 2019/20 season, not sure how serious that was, as I did see plenty. They were also very wary in vicinity of the roads after having hundreds of hunters chasing them for over a month, so if you get back a ways you might find a big one in an overlooked pocket.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back