Wyoming 2020

Nathan

Last year was my first trip to Wyoming for Antelope and I fell into the trap of shooting the first decent buck I saw and my hunt ended faster than it started. I’ll share the link to that story here: https://www.hunttalk.com/threads/more-than-just-a-hunt.292819/

So I’ve heard back from 2 of the 3 ranches I had permission on last year and put in for my tag. Two big changes for this season.

1. I’m gonna actually look over every Antelope on the properties and possibly some public as well before I shoot anything.

2. I’m bringing a friend out. As someone who usually hunts alone that’s gonna be a challenge, but I’m hoping we can fill his tag first and then the pressure will be off and I can enjoy my week in Wyoming.

This will be my last Antelope hunt for a few years as I’ve got elk on the brain and Mountain Lion right behind it as hunts I wanna conquer over the next couple years.

I normally prefer to hunt alone, but antelope hunting is a bit like a dove hunt. It’s better having a buddy with you.
And don’t worry about shooting too quick. That just gives you extra time to go fly fishing.
Be sure to ask the ranch hands if they’ve seen a big buck and where he’s at. We did a DIY Private land New Mexico antelope hunt a few years back. The day before the hunt, the two of us and the ranch manager were knocking out a 30 pack of silver bullets. Towards the end, we asked if he wanted to hunt with us in the morning. At daylight, he’d switched from Cowboy to the ultimate Western hunter. Swarovski spotting scope and all. Couldn’t have asked for a better guide and all because we’d invited him to our camp for dinner and beer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back