Wyoming 102/103

mdeerjunkie

Hey all,
I am looking at applying for antelope in one of these units, I hear that public land is hard to get to. And that it can get pretty crowded during hunting season due to the lack of public land. Does anyone have and experience with these units and or advice.

Haven’t hunted either unit, but after a quick look at the maps I’d try 102 before 103. One of the southern big state pieces can be accessed off a county road. The northern two large state pieces can be accessed through the national forest. If you’re looking for a 0 point area I think there’s better options however. Take a look at 20.

We hunted 102 last year. We had 2 groups with 6 people total. We all harvested bucks. Access points suck. But if you are willing to make the hike in you will have plenty of options to harvest. This was all of our first time out west. Happy to answer any questions you have.

We hunted 102 last year. We had 2 groups with 6 people total. We all harvested bucks. Access points suck. But if you are willing to make the hike in you will have plenty of options to harvest. This was all of our first time out west. Happy to answer any questions you have.
Headed up to WY the first week of Nov to try and get a couple doe antelope. I just read on other forums that there was only one small piece of public that held antelope and that if you didn't tag out by 9 am on opening morning, you probably wouldn't tag out. I'm not sure I believe that but it might be true for people who aren't willing to hike for it. I am willing and actually prefer to hike for it. Any decent access points you would be willing to share? I see a lot of big chunks of state land on the eastern half but am not sure about access due to public/private roads. Any info is greatly appreciated! Thanks

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back