Yeti GOBOX Collection

Wyo Wildlife Task Force and the new outfitter/landowner draw proposal

I am in full agreement of a large license increase for non residents as long as resident license fees go up by a way larger percentage (3x-4x) for antlered game. Cow/Doe licenses up a much smaller percentage. Take this extra income and pay for some controlled access! In some instances, it takes money to open private land for recreational hunting. This is not a hard concept and everyone knows they have to pay to play.

I am in full agreement of a large license increase for non residents as long as resident license fees go up by a way larger percentage (3x-4x) for antlered game. Cow/Doe licenses up a much smaller percentage. Take this extra income and pay for some controlled access! In some instances, it takes money to open private land for recreational hunting. This is not a hard concept and everyone knows they have to pay to play.
Prepare to be disappointed.

In a free market (which is rare these days) there's price discovery where we find out how much people are willing to pay for things before saying no more. Elasticity or something like that for those that passed 12th grade

I'd say toy with raising those doe tags and see what the market will bear.

In other news the Busbice family, the Bowmars, the Butler Brothers, Dean Ruth, Wade Lemon and Muley Freak all say raise em to the moon cuz they don't need no stinkin' tags.

The implied purpose of the fee increase brought up at last months meeting and evidently yesterday, was to limit the special draw to outfitted nr clients thru license cost, in leu of the special draw becoming an outfitter only draw.

WY has been the poster child of "pay to play" since they created the regular and special draws, and nobody cared. Evidently how much you have to pay to play makes a difference.

It was brought up at yesterday’s TF meeting that they should put a survey question up to see interest in raising the price. Coursey said it seemed like a foolish question, “who would say yes if asked if they should pay more”. Sy was quick to interject that most of his clients would love it if it cost more since they have plenty of money and they know it keeps others away. This fact was largely met with agreement and a pleased attitude from the rest of the TF.

It was brought up at yesterday’s TF meeting that they should put a survey question up to see interest in raising the price. Coursey said it seemed like a foolish question, “who would say yes if asked if they should pay more”. Sy was quick to interject that most of his clients would love it if it cost more since they have plenty of money and they know it keeps others away. This fact was largely met with agreement and a pleased attitude from the rest of the TF.
🤮

Like I said I'm all for it if it allows me to get more tags. Hell i would be ojay with 100% increase in tag prices. Hope it prices some of these "Do it for the gram" hunters that all these influencers have brought in.

Like I said I'm all for it if it allows me to get more tags. Hell i would be ojay with 100% increase in tag prices. Hope it prices some of these "Do it for the gram" hunters that all these influencers have brought in.
It's going to take a lot more than that to price out the "experience hunters". Hell, folks drop $1500 a piece to watch a Stones concert for 2 hours, $6,000 for a bike they don't have to pedal, and season tickets for an NFL team easily run over $3,000 per season per seat in the sold-out lower bowls. Hunting tags are cheap by "upscale" urban standards.

It's going to take a lot more than that to price out the "experience hunters". Hell, folks drop $1500 a piece to watch a Stones concert for 2 hours, $6,000 for a bike they don't have to pedal, and season tickets for an NFL team easily run over $3,000 per season per seat in the sold-out lower bowls. Hunting tags are cheap by "upscale" urban standards.
Yea thats true. So raise tag cost and bad recession with a stock market crash mixed in is what we need.

All those things are easy.
Tags go up 40-50% with $100 preference points people will bail out or never start. Both would be a good thing. Hunttalk and rokslide are not the majority of the population.

All those things are easy.
Tags go up 40-50% with $100 preference points people will bail out or never start. Both would be a good thing. Hunttalk and rokslide are not the majority of the population.
Yeah when antelope tags are 600 and 900 bucks with 100 preference points, I think you'll start to see some demand destruction. Going to be some incredible point creep for a few years though.

Reactions: DFS
Yeah when antelope tags are 600 and 900 bucks with 100 preference points, I think you'll start to see some demand destruction. Going to be some incredible point creep for a few years though.
So u think people will start dumping points to get a tag and in the next few years if this passes?

Last edited:
Sounds like a plan I can't wait.

Back