Wyo Success!

JLDemo

After multiple failed stalks with my bow and coming close a few times, I finally broke down and picked up the old rifle. After shooting a few times on the range I felt comfortable and away I went. Very first walk-in I stepped foot into I had two bucks and two does in sight, to make a long story short I got about 400 yards in before they bolted, wasn't too comfortable with the given shot. Off I went to a different walk-in down the road and it held another buck, this time I ended up being able to close the distance to about 120 yards. The hills and ravines really helped me close the distance without being busted. I sat there for a while just watching and it didn't take long before I decided to pull the trigger, he didn't go far and the work began. Just gotta give a huge shout out to Onx maps, I used the cell app to find a lot of places I hunted this year so far and I love it. Best purchase I've made in a while. Best thing about this buck is I was surprised to see the ivory tips or polished tips. From my understanding this is an indication of a mature buck? Either way, I super happy with him as he's my first buck since moving to Wyoming. Soaking the heart tonight for breakfast! Gotta love public land! KIMG0403.jpg
KIMG0405.jpg
KIMG0407.jpg

No idea why the few pics turned out upside down...they are correct when I load them.

Go into edit, advanced and remove the pics. If your uploading from an IPhone you need to crop them or email them to yourself then resave the photo from your email. When you repost them they will post in the same orientation you have on your device. Something with the phone and live format that causes them to rotate when posted.

Congrats on a good lope!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back