Caribou Gear

Wyo Elk Management "Decade of the elk"

• Thread starter Deleted member 18333
  • Start date
Nope - WY is different than the other states. They itemize out the 3% CC fee.... and make it non refundable if you don't draw. WY then issues my $9500 in refunds via check rather than refunding back to the credit card. Thereby allowing the bank to keep the 3%.

Colorado stopped up front charging of all tag costs, but even when they did - the bank didn't get to keep the 3%.

NM charges me about $7,000 up front for all species and refunds each when I fail to draw. The bank does not make 3% off the silly game where the state keeps my money for a couple months.

WY chooses to let the banks skim this process and this makes me question their judgment as to all decisions.
I could be wrong, as I don't have a credit card, but I am guessing that the credit card company charges a fee no matter what, right? Wyoming chooses to put the burden of that fee on the hunters. In other states, if your application fee is, for example, $1000, and the state refunds all your money, the state is still paying the credit card fee, but out of their own pocket. Does that make sense? So, whether you draw your tag or get a refund, the credit card company still gets their fee.

I could be wrong, as I don't have a credit card, but I am guessing that the credit card company charges a fee no matter what, right? Wyoming chooses to put the burden of that fee on the hunters. In other states, if your application fee is, for example, $1000, and the state refunds all your money, the state is still paying the credit card fee, but out of their own pocket. Does that make sense? So, whether you draw your tag or get a refund, the credit card company still gets their fee.
In some states, the credit card processing fee is included in the application fee. I doubt if many states if any at all really absorb the credit card fee but instead pass it on included in either the license fee or the application fee itself or both. Usually in the license fee itself. Banks charge you both for refunding money to someone and for accepting money from someone via credit cards. Wyoming charges a separate fee that is not included in the license fee. My bet is other states include that in their application fee. They almost have too or they would not be able to raise much through the license fees.

Nope - WY is different than the other states. They itemize out the 3% CC fee.... and make it non refundable if you don't draw. WY then issues my $9500 in refunds via check rather than refunding back to the credit card. Thereby allowing the bank to keep the 3%.

Colorado stopped up front charging of all tag costs, but even when they did - the bank didn't get to keep the 3%.

NM charges me about $7,000 up front for all species and refunds each when I fail to draw. The bank does not make 3% off the silly game where the state keeps my money for a couple months.

WY chooses to let the banks skim this process and this makes me question their judgment as to all decisions.
I admire your adherence to your convictions regardless of how illogical I believe they are.

I would love to go to WY and harvest a cow.

But WY GFD is wasteful with my dollars. They allow the CC company (bank) to harvest 3% when I loan WY $10K annually for all species apps. And then don't refund that 3% when I fail to draw. So, I retired from applying in WY when they started this.

If they don't understand the unnecessary waste in that transaction, how can WY GFD be trusted with any resource?
Not exactly. I have been hunting Wyoming since 2006. If you pay with a credit or debit card, they refund it to that credit or debit card. However, if they are not able to process that refund to the credit or debit card THEN they issue a check refund.

I would love to go to WY and harvest a cow.

But WY GFD is wasteful with my dollars. They allow the CC company (bank) to harvest 3% when I loan WY $10K annually for all species apps. And then don't refund that 3% when I fail to draw. So, I retired from applying in WY when they started this.

If they don't understand the unnecessary waste in that transaction, how can WY GFD be trusted with any resource?
Congratulations on your retirement!
32583061-73C4-4D54-8A57-FFAA17AF6B24.gif

Whatever they are doing it’s working. It seems the elk hunting just gets better and better here in Wyoming!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back