WY Rifle Etiquette Question

JAG

I realized I have a slight chance of bumping into Randy during a hunt in central Wyoming later this month.

Is he as nice as he seems on camera? Be okay if I ask him to sign my Sitka jacket during one of his stalks?

Last edited:
I realized I have a slight chance of bumping into Randy during a hunt in central Wyoming later this month.

Is he as nice as he seems on camera? Be okay if I ask him to sign my Sitka jacket during one of his stalks?
Don't bother another hunter in the field, celebrity or not. Period. Run into him in the bar or grocery store, it's a different story.

Just watch out for the giant helicopter with a film crew scouring the entire unit for elk. If you see that you'll know it is Randy and co...

Honestly I enjoy running into hunters in the field. They're the only people I ever meet where I know we have something to talk about before any dialogue.

Looks like Randy's paying. No wonder folks like him so much!
Everybody likes the guy buying when the check arrives...

My guess is Randy is pretty cool to run into in a unit. Probably the kind of guy all of us (or most of us) would like to hunt with.

Reactions: JAG
Yell loudly from a high point to him while he’s on a stalk! If he’s already tagged out pull an uncle Larry and say “I wouldn’t shoot a little F%+#<^ like that”

Celebrity hunters need knocked down a peg. 🤣

i ran into Corey Jacobson and Donnie a few years ago in montana on a forest service road. They were friendly but you could tell they didnt want us to recognize them.

Reactions: JAG
Back