PEAX Equipment

Wy. region G

mixedbag

I should have the points to draw this area this year.Anyone know how the deer herd has been doing in the unit?I know it got hit hard 3 years ago.Also, what am I up against as far as terrain?
Is it possible to have a good combo hunt with deer rifle and archery elk.I'd probably be in elk units 89/90 or close to them while deer hunting.Or, does the place get hammered with deer hunters too hard.Hoping someone on here has some knowledge of the region.Not looking for "the spot",just what i might expect

A lot of hunters have moved in from just north of g&h because of the wolf issue.

Does this region require a long hike to get into good animal populations?I always plan for a 2-3 mile hike no matter where I go.is that going to be enough in this unit?Is it loaded with outfitters back in?Trying to get a feel for how much training would be needed for this hunt.
Been looking over maps and there seems to be alot of trails to get me in deep before jumping off them to get up high.
How many days would you give the hunt?I don't need a 170+ buck to be happy.I'd tying this trip in with an archery elk hunt in another area of the state
thanks

From what I'm hearing Regions G & H are now overrated and they are overrun by resident hunters who can hunt them on a General tag. If you are satisfied with a 170" buck I think there are a lot better areas to put in for with your PPs to get one that big or better and not be swamped with hunters. I'd be looking at the Big Horns for mulies and elk if I were you. I usually hunt Region M, but I'm going to use my 2 PPs and go way up in Region R this year near Montana.

question

What region is the Big horns in and what kind of country is it? I would be so thankful if you could help me on this friend. I have never hunted Wyoming and its getting on my mind more and more and i want tto hunt there next year somehow.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back