Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

WY NR hunters...HB236

BuzzH

Hey, all you guys dancing in the street about the fees not going up, better guess again.

Long way from over.

HB236 just introduced yesterday.

NR Fees are going to increase...one way or another. All that was changed in the new bill is that Resident fees wouldnt increase, only NR fees.

http://legisweb.state.wy.us/2013/Introduced/HB0236.pdf

Last edited:
Bummer.

At least the resident tags won't go up yet. I think they are still a little steep themselves, especially compared to MT.

I could have swallowed the price increases if both res and non-res got them, at least both sides shared the pain....sigh. Should have seen this coming non-res don't vote but res do and that's what its all about these days, political preservation.

That's fine let them learn a lesson when they can't sell thier tags that support thier departments is what I say, doesn't matter to me my state is supported by resident license fees so we don't have to depend on non residents buying tags:D You guys should take a close look at MT. seriously before you support such legistation.:hump:

Of coarse after actually reading the bill the prices are reasonable still it appears. I could be fine with these prices. At least they are not trying to almost double the tags looks like that antelope tag is right at the price I stated would be my limit $300. I understand cost of operations cost more as fuel,ect. always rises and such. But I really think MT. went overboard on their latest increases. I personally have never bought a WY tag I use to build preference points for several years until they jacked them up to a crazy price for moose,sheep,goat. I have helped friends take antelope in the past after hunting north in MT. But again these tag fees are still reasonable so not problem here.

Last edited:
this sucks as a non-res,but then again its on us hunters to make up the difference in there budget that the wolf predatation takes away,,,not suprized.

this sucks as a non-res,but then again its on us hunters to make up the difference in there budget that the wolf predatation takes away,,,not suprized.

You mean it's on the NR hunters to make up for the budget differences since the residents don't want to help out. I'm sure a lot of the residents are happy about this, but they probably wont be to happy when there is backlash like there has been in MT & ID from fee increases to NR's. Then it will fall on the residents to make up an even greater amount. Also wolves, grizzlies, and others non game species have little to no impact on the budget as some on here would make you think, they aren't losing money on it at all. Can now start calling Wyoming the Obama Welfare Hunting State since they're relying others to fund things much like Obama does

The prices didn't go as high as they were originally intended to. It does suck that resident fees aren't going up. But, the prices didn't go up enough to keep me from hunting there. When I go there I usually hunt with buddys and the laughs and beers and memories are worth more than the $60 increase in an antelope tag.

The WY resident tag fees are twice as much as the MT resident tag fees and you guys all wanted them higher, Whiskey- Tango- Foxtrot?

The WY resident tag fees are twice as much as the MT resident tag fees and you guys all wanted them higher, Whiskey- Tango- Foxtrot?

Well if it's the residents that are mostly enjoying these luxuries the f&g is providing then they should pay more. Why peg it on the NR's who are there for maybe 1-2 weeks a year, were as a resident gets to use the programs all year. So basically the residents just want the NR's to pay for them, might as well pay for your mortgage and car payments while we're at it.

For the residents of Wyoming on here do you all think this is the right move? Looking at the other states that have done this and how it has affected them. Do you think this will hurt the revenue for the hole state? To me this doesnt make any since why would you jack the price up for non residents that contribute so much to the state

For the residents of Wyoming on here do you all think this is the right move? Looking at the other states that have done this and how it has affected them. Do you think this will hurt the revenue for the hole state? To me this doesnt make any since why would you jack the price up for non residents that contribute so much to the state

Here's what one WY resident has to say about it, sounds like he's pretty happy. Was so exited about it, he posted in another thread.
Hey, all you guys dancing in the street about the fees not going up, better guess again.

Personally, I think it sucks for NR, and as you see in my last post I said no raise in res tag costs "YET".

It just seems to be the sign of the times, with lack of revenues from taxes, etc things are naturally going to climb in price and recreational Nonresidents are the ones ALWAYS to get hammered first, unfortunately. I wonder if the day will come that we will ever see a hunting tag GO DOWN in cost? I doubt it. But there are way worse things to spend money on I guess.

Toad

I wonder if the day will come that we will ever see a hunting tag GO DOWN in cost? I doubt it.
Toad

Didn't CO lower their NR fees a few years ago? Think it was after they raised them then lower tag sales forced them to lower them again? Maybe it's a different state I'm thinking of, but thought it was CO. Although I doubt you'd see it ever again, most will just keep charging and charging.

Long way from over.

HB236 just introduced yesterday.

NR Fees are going to increase...one way or another. All that was changed in the new bill is that Resident fees wouldnt increase, only NR fees.

http://legisweb.state.wy.us/2013/Introduced/HB0236.pdf

I've got to wonder how many residents contribute much of anything extra to the Access Yes program? I'm betting the non residents still pay more than their share willingly.

While I cant speak for a majority of WY residents...I will speak for myself.

I think its pure bullshit to saddle the NR's with 100% of the needed fee increases. I also think its an equal amount of BS that Residents pay DIRT cheap fees for elk, deer, antelope, goat, moose, sheep, bear, etc.

That said, I can assure you that I am in the minority when it comes to how WY residents feel about their current license fees. Most act as if they'll have to refinance their homes to afford a resident license.

The frustrating thing for me is that both R's and NR's whine about the price of tags....no matter what they are. Every single time there is a fee increase, its the same broken record from both.

I think as a resident what we should keep in mind is that we pay literally PEANUTS for our hunting and fishing licenses.

What we should all keep in mind as non residents is that we should feel lucky that other states share their wildlife resources with us. I know I sure appreciate that I can hunt other states, even though I have to pay much more for the opportunity. I get tired of NR's thinking that hunting out-of-state is a god-given right and that they should be able to do it on the cheap. Thats crap, you dont live here and its more than clear that all States have the right to discriminate when it comes to license fees.

However, on the flip side of that, I appreciate, and take every opportunity to thank NR's for funding the WYG&F when I run into them in the field. Without NR's and their funding, the WYG&F would really be in the shit.

Cur dog, for the record, my wife and I have contributed at least $100 per year to accessyes program since we've lived in Wyoming (12 years). Most years, we've each contributed $100, but at least $100 combined. While I cant give you a definite number, I'd say in the neighborhood of $1700-$2000 in the last 12 years. Already gave them $100 this year for accessyes when I bought my dirt cheap resident fishing license.

Also, I will be making another drive to Cheyenne to testify to the House Travel, Recreation, and Wildlife committee to testify against this bill.

IMO, a better bill would have been to increase the fees just on Residents...to bring the disparity between R and NR fees closer together.

The trouble is, I can assure you that I will likely be booed out of the committee room by any residents that are there to testify.

Last edited:
Just curious and i have no idea on this but when was the last increase for residents in Wyoming

They had an increase in '08, but I'm not sure if that was both NR and R or just NR. For some reason I'm wanting to say it was for both.

It was for both...but the Resident increases were minimal...

pseshooter300, the bill was just introduced on 1/25. It will need to be assigned to a committee (resources, travel, recreation and wildlife). From there a committee hearing will take place. Then its read on the floor...blah, blah, blah...same in the Senate.

Heres the link if you want to track whats going on, how everything works, etc. There is lots of information here and it takes a while to navigate the system, but its all there.

Let me know if you cant find something.

http://legisweb.state.wy.us/LSOWEB/Participate.aspx

Bills and bill tracking:

http://legisweb.state.wy.us/LSOWEB/Session/BillsInfo.aspx

Committee Schedules:

http://legisweb.state.wy.us/2013/Calendar/CalendarMenu/CommitteeMenu.aspx

Committees:

http://legisweb.state.wy.us/LegislatorSummary/IntCommList.aspx

Last edited:
Back