Caribou Gear Tarp

WY Lope 64 Question

Rodzilla

Hi all, I finally went all in (Unit_64), I am so looking forward to this hunt. Drove through there few years ago while hunting an adjacent unit and just loved what I saw. Anyways, just wanted to get some advice on logistics for getting gas for those that have been in the area (if I recall correctly are my only two options are Lander or all the way to muddy gap)? Years ago there use to be gas in Jeffrey City, but I believe that that is not the case anymore. I would like to camp where I end up and hunt from there, but if my wife goes along I may do the Lander Hotel/motel route (think its about 1 hour away each way). I think the only thing I wish this unit had is more trees (I think there is not one in the entire unit :() Anyways , best of luck to those that drew Wyoming lope tags, just about one of my favorite hunts out west. From what I am told, Antelope are where you find them, so my goal is to cover as much ground as I can until I find "the one", but if anyone has any advice, I would gladly take it. Best advice an old timer gave me was 1) Keep gun in truck first few days of the hunt (don't shoot first thing you see), and 2) take chains, spare tires, etc (if it rains, the road are gumbo).
-Zilla

Here is a few pics of our last central WY hunt.
IMG_0077.JPGPicture 011.jpgWyoming hunt Sept. 30 2010 229.jpgWyoming hunt Sept. 30 2010 389.jpgWyoming hunt Sept. 30 2010 404.jpg

Riverton and Lander are both about the same distance from Sweetwater station. Things come and go quick in remote Wyoming, there may be something in Sweetwater station or Jeffrey City now, but I haven't been there in a couple years.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back