Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

WY House revives wolf plan to conform with U.S.

Ithaca 37

http://www.billingsgazette.com/index.php?id=1&display=rednews/2004/02/13/build/wyoming/45-wolfplan.inc

CHEYENNE - With a rising sense of urgency, the House on Thursday revived attempts to avoid a court battle over Wyoming's wolf-management plan.

The House voted 51-8 in favor of House Bill 155, sponsored by Rep. Mike Baker, R-Thermopolis, that would conform the state's plan to federal requests.

An identical measure failed in the Senate on a 15-12 vote Thursday. Its sponsor, Sen. Bruce Burns, R-Sheridan, reacted by slamming the bill into his desk drawer and sitting down.

"This bill and those over in the House are the last thing between us and a lawsuit versus Fish and Wildlife," he said.

Baker urged his colleagues to keep the House version alive as a way to keep the state's choices open for wolf management.

"After this bill, we will have only one option, and that is to go to court," he said........

Those WY ranchers and their puppets in the WY Legislature have a lot to learn. It's easy to see where BHR's mentality comes from. :D

The ranching interests in Wyoming are unbelievable in their hypocracy.

If the enviro's were stalling out delisting, they would be the most vocal, loud-mouthed, whining bunch you'd ever heard.

This is unbelievable.

Makes you wonder if they really want the wolf delisted...

Once WY gets their act together, we'll see who sues who, and slows the process. Me, I just want a tag to hunt'em. ;)

Ten bears, you honestly dont think a wolf is going to stand around next to a road while you take a steady rest over the handle bars do you???

You wont be any threat to the wolf population.

Something for IT and Buzz to consider.

If Wyoming sues the Feds and wins, won't they be one step ahead of the wolf huggers when they ultimately file suit?

Personally, I think the Wyoming Senate is being foolish on this one. They should at least discuse whether or not to revise the wolf plan. But its their state, and I'm not going to tell them how to run their business.

Paul

Paul,

I dont think so. Even if Wyoming did win, that would just create more lawsuits from the huggers over the predator status. Not only could they sue the Feds (for not ensuring wolf survival), but they could also sue the State of Wyoming for the same thing.

Then if the wolves dropped below the required number of packs, bet on the huggers blaming both the feds and the state for it. You think we're having trouble getting them off the list now...just imagine what it will be like if the wolves have to be RELISTED...Christ, talk about a nightmare.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerezA
Back