Yeti GOBOX Collection

wy cow elk units 45/48/49

mixedbag

Wyomings hunter management and walk in areas/maps are down on their website till the 10th.I'm looking at these units for a tag for my son which are close to my deer unit.They have limited public land,but wanted to see if any of you know if any of the units have walk in areas or hunter management areas.Unfortunately, the tags may well be gone by the 10th when I could look them up myself.Hoping someone has hunted in one of the units and could let me know.Want him to have some tag when we go out.

I'm not familiar with the walk in areas in those units, but I'm wondering if you're talking about the reduced price cow tags? If so, they don't go on sale until July 15th.

Also, I don't think there are any tags left for 45.

I'm very familiar with those units having hunted on that side of the Horns for 20 years now. Unit 45 doesn't have any cow tags left because there is plenty of public land and they all go in the draw. Units 48 and 49 don't have enough public land that holds elk to make either unit worthwhile and neither one has any WIHA or HMA properties where elk are legal to hunt unless one is added this year and that is doubtful. That's why both those units have red stars on the G&F website showing difficult public access and why they have 407 and 632 leftover tags, respectively.

Thanks,that was the imfo I was looking for.Guess I'll do some more searching tonight after work and see what I can figure out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back