Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

WY BHA AccessYes Donation

BuzzH

I feel its important to keep BHA members up to date on what the WY Chapter does here.

Recently we attended the July Wyoming GF Commission meeting and presented a check to the GF Department Director Brian Nesvik and Commission President David Rael for $3,000 for the AccessYes Program.

This program is very well received by the Department, Private Land Owners, and also the hunting public, both Resident and Non-Resident hunters/anglers. I've used this program a lot myself over the years as well as many of my friends from both in and out of State. The quality and success of this program and the way its administered is unmatched. Its fair, its effective, and it opens up a lot of quality acres of hunting and fishing opportunity for all.

Because of that quality, as well as the partnerships between the Private Land Owners and Department, the WYBHA chapter has donated to this program since the Chapter formed 6 years ago...and I don't see us stopping that commitment anytime soon. I would also challenge all hunters and anglers that use this program to consider upping your donation if you're already a donor, and starting to do so if you never have. Every dollar opens up over 3 acres of access, money well spent.

We also received a pretty nice letter from the GF Director that I'll include.

"The Wyoming Chapter of Backcountry Hunters and Anglers presented the Wyoming Game and Fish with a check for $3000 in support of the Access Yes Program. The check was presented at the July Commission meeting in Rock Springs Wyoming. Game and Fish Director Brian Nesvik, and Commission President David Rael recognized the Wyoming Chapter for its continued support of the Access Yes program.

The Access Yes program provided access to 2,670,173 acres of land in Wyoming in 2018 for hunting as well as 4,006 lake acres and 86 miles of stream for walk in fishing. The program issued over 27,000 permission slips for hunting to 16,077 individual hunters.

Full story here:

Letter from the Director:

B3EC4A1B-E3A5-4C13-A474-AF36753A37101.jpeg

Great donation equating to 9k acres of access. Keep it up WY BHA

There was a great article on the AccessYes program in the last issue of Wyoming Wildlife. Many of the private landowners seem to prefer to open their lands through this program than to lease it to an outfitter, even if that would yield more income. I think that speaks for the quality of the program and the individual landowners that participate.

Last edited:
Actions speak louder than words. WY BHA walks the walk. Green decoy BHA critics talk the talk.

Congratulations and many thanks to fellow BHA members in WY, here in CO and elsewhere for all you do on behalf of our public lands heritage.

Actions speak louder than words. WY BHA walks the walk. Green decoy BHA critics talk the talk.

Congratulations and many thanks to fellow BHA members in WY, here in CO and elsewhere for all you do on behalf of our public lands heritage.

Well said. Wyoming BHA does a tremendous amount of good work! Thanks for all you do in WY and for providing many examples of how BHA members in other states can help push their chapters to higher levels.

This is no doubt a good program. Thank you, to all involved.
I'm curious where this donated money comes from. Is it membership dues, fund raising, private donations?

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back