WY Antelope Never Disappoints

406LIFE

What I found in WY this year:
  • I have never seen so many people chasing antelope in WY before. Seriously. Missouri, Wisconsin, Florida, Pennsylvania, Kansas, Texas are all here.
  • Lots of people putting up tents in the middle of stretches of public land that otherwise would hold antelope. Wondering if they think they'll just wake up and shoot one?
  • Landowners are also out in force, watching for trespassers.
  • Antelope numbers seem to be good this year, as well as quality bucks.
  • I'm pretty sure the WY sage kills Corona as I have yet to hear it mentioned here.
One buck down, another to go.

Last edited:
Depends on the unit that you have a tag. We hunted a unit that felt crushed by hunters last year. It ended up the unit held very little antelope habitat and even less of that was public.

I hunted lope in WY on Sept 27,28 and 29. Never saw another hunter save for Buschy’s buddy who I was told was there and where he was. ZERO hunters seen in a couple days of hunting and driving across. a large unit was a blessing and made for a great bowhunt in peak rut with no fear of getting shot over, or just plain shot.

Last edited:
Last year I was in an easy to draw unit. Bowhunted all by myself for weeks. Come Sept 30 tents and campers popped up everywhere including in the exact spot I had seen and tried to stalk a group of 5 pronghorn several times. Oct 1 wife and I were in there, and had trouble finding a spot to pull the truck over and start walking, never mind that bow hunting we spotted most from the truck. We left and came back 10 days later to mostly no people and the pronghorn moving back in

Ignorance is bliss. I saw few masks, and even less good sense.
I think the sparse population just doesn't rectify people wearing masks and such, at least their numbers suggest so. They're number 48 on the list of cases, with only 53 deaths. Who knows?

Back