MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Wy 2021 my sons first western hunt

We had everything quarterd and in coolers. Back at the hotel we got everything deboned, cut up, and vacuum sealed for the ride home. One less thing to do after the 15 hour drive back. We scouted 2 days before the opener and I am glad we did because the numbers seemed really low. Good thing is we only saw one other hunter though where we were at.View attachment 195087
Going on an antelope hunt next year, how much meat would you say is on one? Or how big of a cooler would be necessary for one antelope?

Going on an antelope hunt next year, how much meat would you say is on one? Or how big of a cooler would be necessary for one antelope?
35-40 maybe boned out. Definitely bring 2 good sized coolers just incase you have a cape to keep cool

When you say good sized.. 50+ qt?
Yea I have 2 Walmart life time coolers I fit all 3 in boned out and vacuum sealed with ice in them. I didn’t save any capes and would have not had room. 1 pronghorn boned will easily fit in one but you will need an extra for cape and horns if you plan to mount.

Yea I have 2 Walmart life time coolers I fit all 3 in boned out and vacuum sealed with ice in them. I didn’t save any capes and would have not had room. 1 pronghorn boned will easily fit in one but you will need an extra for cape and horns if you plan to mount.
I have shot 5 pronghorn over the years and would say it’s not a lot less meat than a mature whitetail doe, if that helps.

Awesome deal! Congrats to all 3 of you and treasure these memories forever. Trips like these can be few and far between so hold on to every day you get to spend with family.

Wonderful memories with three generations of family, that is what it is all about.

I am sure you have lit a fire that will last a lifetime for him.

Congrats

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jscrocca
Back