Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Wy 2021 my sons first western hunt

Had a happy 12 year old on the sept 15th opener in Wyoming. I have been saving points to split with him since he was 2 years old. We applied for a special tags and drew. He missed the first shot at 300yards but redeemed himself and mad a perfect shot at 325yards dropping his pronghorn in its tracks. First time he was ever behind my custom 7mm-08 I had built years ago. Proud of him.

How much fun is that. Great job and pics. Good distance from you truck..

How much fun is that. Great job and pics. Good distance from you truck..
Yes we actually pulled in at dark and waited in a ditch for daylight to break so we could see without spooking anything on the way in and he spotted this buck up on the hill. Moved in and got as close as possible. After pictures I started to quarter it out and he spotted another one to the north I was able to get on and we had both tags filled within the first hour of shooting light.

We had everything quarterd and in coolers. Back at the hotel we got everything deboned, cut up, and vacuum sealed for the ride home. One less thing to do after the 15 hour drive back. We scouted 2 days before the opener and I am glad we did because the numbers seemed really low. Good thing is we only saw one other hunter though where we were at.D4B4E3F8-EE29-40F8-BC3B-4C4B6EC0B470.jpeg

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jscrocca
Back