WTF?? I don't know how they do this one

Easy as Heck..... Do you really not know ? Or are you kidding ? My 5 year old figured it out first time around...

I got it, took me a couple tries to figure it out. Your 5 year old sucks ass

I lied, it was my 7 year old, Either way, I'll let him know you are mad becasue he is smarter than you :D

what's that TV show.. are you smarter than a 5th grader?? i guess I am not

It didn't guess mine, maybe I changed it. How about this one?

There were 1058 students for calculus. 1/2 of them took an advanced calculus class but were broken up into smaller classes with a bunch of students in each class, half took something else instead.

There was the same number of students in every class.

How many were in a class?

Tell your 5 and 7 year old, when they grow up and learn multiplying they can figure that one out.

How about this one? I bet I can guess the correct score of next years super bowl game right now, before the game even starts. Do they want to bet?

I'll at least be closer than them, heck they are only 5 and 7, what can they know about it so far. Do they want to bet?

Tom, My 10 year old (5th Grader) has some questions for ya. One is, "Does that guy makes sence to you dad ?". Unfortunately I had to answer no.......

In your first question, you said there were 1058 students in calculus, there is no math involved ? you gave the answer in the first line.

The 1058 class of studentss are broken up into smaller classes or sections or rooms or whatever you want to call that. Ok, I'll make the question clearer, how many are in each seperate advanced calculus class, its bigger than 1 and its smaller than 529?

5th grade eh, does he know multiplying?

What about the bet? Do they want to bet on the super bowl next year? I saw pictures of them watching it, so I'm sure they know all about it now.

I bet I can guess the score now, before the game starts? Heck, its not even the end of 2008 yet, it just started, but I"ll guess.

There's a 1058 students that come to college one year. 1/2 of them take advanced calculus. They are divided up into classes that are all the same size. The size of the advanced calculus class is between 1 and 529 = 1/2 of 1058. How many are in each class?

I'll give another hint, it helps if you know something about subprime numbers or prime numbers.

What about the bet? Anybody want to bet? I bet I can guess the score of the 2009 super bowl game right now, before it even starts? Did anybody get that far? You don't have to loose money or anything, its just a bet for the fun of it.

You know, if i ever get back to TX to hunt pigs i need to hook up with Tom and get him drunk... It would be a great experiment to see if he makes more sense that way

Do you have any idea why mtmiller got a $65 coaster from Utah in that other thread? That makes no sense to me. They're cheaper down here, probably in Montana too, where he loves it, like -20 or -7 on a good day lately.

Heck, its shirt sleeve weather down here today. I think I should follow you around if you come down here, that was a big hog you got when you were here.

Do you have any idea why mtmiller got a $65 coaster from Utah in that other thread? That makes no sense to me.

Yes I do... I got one as well. I guess all i can say is sometimes when you don't understand the inside joke it is better to just leave it alone:D
But then again, Tom would be a dull boy that way:cool:

My guess on the coaster is he bought an Item, He spenty $65 on it. It is no good, so he uses it as a coaster now. Seems fairly simple. MAybe not ?!?!?

Tom, there are 1058 students. If the classes split in 1/2 then there is 1/2 in each class. I think you need to look up that question again.

It's like me saying, 100 people got on the bus, some people sat in the front, some got off the bus, how many people are sitting in each row. Knowing Prime and subprime num,bers don't help, all the info isn't there. Try again please !!!!

Tom, I bet you can't guess the super bowl score for next year. I'd lay $100 on it. Post the score in this thread and we'll see if you are right. If you win, I owe you $100, if you lose, you owe me $100. Score must be posted today.

Tom,

I think Oscar's kids can figure out the score of next years Super Bowl before it starts. I thought it was a funny riddle, of course I was 7 at the time.;)

Tom,

A. A sophisticated computer is fed this problem. 2 clocks, one which is broken and doesn't run at all, while the other looses 1 second every 24 hours. Which is more accurate ?

B. What is the 11 letter word that all Yale grad's spell incorrectly ?

C. What can go up a chimney down, but not down a chimney up ?

You know, if i ever get back to TX to hunt pigs i need to hook up with Tom and get him drunk...

get him drunk?
talk about a day late and a dollar short:rolleyes:

I'll answer the first question....the broken clock is more accurate because it is correct twice every day. The one losing a second a day would only be accurate about once every 43,200 days!!!

The other two....NAFC!

Back