MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

WTF happened to Sturgill Simpson

I like the new album, just not as much as the old stuff. If you get a chance to see him you should! Dude is a beast on guitar the likes of which I’ve never seen!

I like the new album, just not as much as the old stuff. If you get a chance to see him you should! Dude is a beast on guitar the likes of which I’ve never seen!

Yes he is, so is Joamets, his Estonian lead player

I don’t have a problem with Tyler Childers latest album, I just found it really boring. And I’m also getting annoyed at people who keep asking me if I’ve heard or Tyler Childers before like they are about to blow my mind. Yes, anyone who has had Spotify at any point in the last 6 years has heard of Tyler Childers before.

Dude, give it some more listens. It's like ZZtop and Golden Earring got together in 1975 and put out a sonic masterpiece. It's sooo good. Strongest album I've heard since Fuzz ll in 2015.
My gripe with early Sturgill was he sounded too close to Waylon, I feel like this is him finding his sound.

The reason Tyler's new album sounds more filled out is because he brought in Strurgill to produce it. Who brought in studio musicians to fill out Tyler's sound. I cannot wait for the Tyler/Sturgill show coming up in Denver 🤘🤘🤘 .

I can't hardly listen to this new album

Last edited:
Man I must be way out of touch or spending to much time in the woods because I have not heard of this of this guy at all

I think he had to go radio friendly, which obviously worked. The rawness and grittyness of his previous stuff was better IMO, but he has said interviews he was going stale and he needed to reach more people.

Luckily he has some compadres still doing it on the street level.

Hate to derail the thread but.....How???

This is Tyler Childers.

This is stoned with no motions. Whole album felt like this.

Dude, give it some more listens. It's like ZZtop and Golden Earring got together in 1975 and put out a sonic masterpiece.
I wouldn't dispute that. But I liked him because of reminded me more of Waylon and Prine but rougher and further in the weeds lyrically. Also why I like Childers more than Simpson at this point.

Sonic is not something I'm interested in.

I hear you, I came up in the 90´s fuzziness, Sonic is what I seek.

I've still got my Nirvana ticket stub and I've seen the Pumpkins around 25 times 😅

I wouldn't dispute that. But I liked him because of reminded me more of Waylon and Prine but rougher and further in the weeds lyrically. Also why I like Childers more than Simpson at this point.

Sonic is not something I'm interested in.

Sheesh, just googled "Who is Sturgill Simpson?"... Not viewed a music video of his and based on this thread - seems I'll pass. Music to avoid - learned on HT. Thanks. :)

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
See65
Back