PEAX Equipment

WTB Shotshell reloader

Yes, a single stage MEC 600 would do you fine. I agree about looking for a used one. Actually I have seen several given away at the trap club. It is quite time consuming and many who get into it give up quickly. Do not get a progressive loader. I have a MEC progressive and it can be a headache if something goes wrong in the middle. Single stage is foolproof. I still have my old 600 but plan to get 16 gauge conversion so I can start shooting my Model 12 more.

So in Facebookese is WTB "where to buy" or "what's the best"?

Last edited:
Found a Mac 9000gn,was a real learning curve for me. Now that I no the in's and out"s I"m loving life . Thing will easily make 200 rounds and hour.

Found a Mac 9000gn,was a real learning curve for me. Now that I no the in's and out"s I"m loving life . Thing will easily make 200 rounds and hour.
I have its predessor 856. Pretty much the same except it doesn't have the finished shell dispenser. Not sure I would want that. Being forced to remove and look at each finished shell is not so bad. I don't trust myself or the loader enough to go fully auto.

Did you take up trap shooting then? Seems I recall you were talking about it.

Re learning curve: Stopping and starting a loading cycle with those progressives can sure be a trip. That's why I say the single stage loaders are relatively bulletproof.

I have its predessor 856. Pretty much the same except it doesn't have the finished shell dispenser. Not sure I would want that. Being forced to remove and look at each finished shell is not so bad. I don't trust myself or the loader enough to go fully auto.

Re learning curve: Stopping and starting a loading cycle with those progressives can sure be a trip. That's why I say the single stage loaders are relatively bulletproof. Slow but unless shooting a flat a day at the range who cares. For a bird hunter who knows what he's doing, a couple boxes each weekend should be more than enough. Skybusters might need to upgrade to a progressive. :D
Damn. Hit reply instead of edit.

Re learning curve: Stopping and starting a loading cycle with those progressives can sure be a trip. That's why I say the single stage loaders are relatively bulletproof.
Bunch of us are shooting clays once or twice a week. 100 shots per round. I do have three 600 JR. now that I'm selling . I hear you on the progressive's, graveled driveway for the first week with BB's...lol

Bunch of us are shooting clays once or twice a week. 100 shots per round. I do have three 600 JR. now that I'm selling . I hear you on the progressive's, graveled driveway for the first week with BB's...lol
Hundred shots per round? How does that work? Twenty shots per station then change? Guns must get hot!

Hundred shots per round? How does that work? Twenty shots per station then change? Guns must get hot!
This is back yard stuff ,we shoot 25 then trade off.Guns get a break. Will take grandkids tomorrow and shoot until we run out of shells and clays.

This is back yard stuff ,we shoot 25 then trade off.Guns get a break. Will take grandkids tomorrow and shoot until we run out of shells and clays.
Sounds like fun. Our club is closed due to lockdown and I can't get wads anyway. Are you having any luck finding them?

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back