PEAX Equipment

WTB decoy anchors or mold

BrentD

I'm looking for 2-4 ounce decoy anchors or the mould with which to cast them. Sliding teardrops would be perfect, but I'm not picky.

When I was a kid, I tied on old sparkplugs using baling twine. Had paper mache solid decoys. I trapped beaver to buy my waterfowling gear. You can get some rather large fishing weight molds. Not sure where to get them these days.

I'm looking for 2-4 ounce decoy anchors or the mould with which to cast them. Sliding teardrops would be perfect, but I'm not picky.

I’ve used small biscuit or muffin pans to make decoy weights. I asked a local tire shop for wheel weights and melted them down.

I liked the straps. Clamped them around the keel or necks. Tangled lines at zero dark thirty ain't much fun.

I’ve used small biscuit or muffin pans to make decoy weights. I asked a local tire shop for wheel weights and melted them down.
When I leased a permanent blind on a flooded pond, I would toss out about 150 and leave them there all season. I used 9 wire? in a styrofoam coffee cup full of concrete for weights.

Brent, how many do you need? Ive got a bank sinker mould that can cast up to 6 oz wts, but would be slow going just doing one at a time. If it is just a couple dozen, not a big deal. Get in touch and we can figure something out. Also 2 oz is pretty light if there is current, in my experience.

I'm looking for only a dozen. I agree 2 oz is pretty light. Too light, but I mostly hunt tiny ponds.

I've been looking at the Do-it moulds. I need to just "do it". I cast thousands of bullets and have 3 casting pots and many hundreds of pounds of lead. So, I appreciate your offer choc dogs, but I need to grow up and get my own mould. I've been picking through the Do-It moulds trying to decide which one. I am rigging TX style so I don't need to wrap strips or anything like that.

Thanks again one and all. I'll have a mould on the way tonight.

Last edited:
Barlows tackle is where I buy my do-it molds for jig heads. Best price I've found and they do have decoy weight molds in a few different types.

I bought a few dozen off of ebay last year. I believe one of the sellers was in Iowa. It worked out well.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back