Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Wrangell, AK

Ridge Runner

Ovis.. Nice sketch. how did it go up there. did I miss a thread or something as there hasn't been much said about your trip up. Hope it was a good one ;)

Wanted to set the mood from my trip up to Alaska a few weeks ago. I return there this week, so I hope to get a fair share of photos loaded and some of the story. Maybe Elkgunner will stop by and throw in his two cents.

I'll get it started with a sketch of the Wrangell harbor at low-tide.

More to come...

Wrangell1_sketch.sized.jpg

[ 05-29-2004, 01:23: Message edited by: Ovis ]

Jim - I know just where you took that pic! Go left and you'll find the Freeman building that over looks that harbor. Last 30 years I've spent many a day (and a night or two!)there! Where that dry dock a long time ago that was a client of mine until ownership change (Been through several since then). Lots of stories about that place!!

Did you have fun in the local establishments??? LOL

John

The pic was snapped from the deck of a little pub. Can't recall the name of it, but I do remember it being very pricey...$85 for 1 large and 1 small pizza, 6 Corona's, 3 micro-brews and a pop.

Elkchsr

Story is still festering. Been busy!

Guilty too, about not getting the story up.... And this week is going to be busy. Wrangell was a great place and the Transporters we used were first class people. I love it when you come across people that "underpromise and over deliver", and these guys did right by us.

I think I like Wrangell better than Ketchikan, and will likely try and get back to Wrangell.

Didn't know you could get tired of eating Fresh Dungeness, but I think we did....

Gunner

My wife was off yesterday, so I figured I'd cook the shrimpies up for dinner. I shoulda listened to my gut feeling when I asked her if we could eat the entire 1 1/2 doz shrimp (I thought 10 would be plenty for us). Instead, I listened to her and deep fried all of them in a little Captain Morgan's, Pina Colada and coconut batter. Scrumptious to say the least, but I ended up giving about 8 of them away to the neighbors...don't think they would of tasted too good reheated.

So what about you...have you cooked your's up yet?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back