Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Would you still hunt with....

Would you hunt with someone with a hunting Violation ?

• Yes, It doesn't matter if he/she has taken game out of season or multiple animals.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only if they haven't been convicted.

• As long as it wasn't serious.

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • I'm not answering your dumb Questions.

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • No, not even if it was because he punched the wrong date on his tag.

• Total voters

Moosie

Grand poopa
A guy thats been Accused of some Hunting Violation of sometype ? And would it matter for what ?

Tell me yer thoughts......

I have hunted with many people who have gotten pinched for something. It happens.

Most all the people I have hunted with that have gotten a ticket for something, its all pretty minor stuff IMO. Things like shooting a couple minutes past legal shooting hours at ducks, not saying its OK to do, just saying its not the end of the world. Certainly no reason to not hunt with someone if they've gotten a ticket over some minor offense.

Now, poaching deer out of season, poaching for profit, wanton waste violations, things like that...different thing and NO I wouldnt hunt with them.

I've personally never had a ticket for any wildlife or fish violations. I've also kept every single big-game tag I've ever punched...or for that matter I have all the unused ones as well. Matter of fact my first big-game tags from Montana in 1980 are in one of my photo albums...$2 each for resident deer and elk tags!

Exactly as Buzz said. Violations are like speeding tickets... convictions are a diffrent matter.

Near Thermopolis one year, we had a deer hanging in an old shed in the shade that had been shot a day or two before. The deer was skinned and in a game bag. The weather was cool to cold - never got over about 45 degrees and mostly below freezing - there was snow on the ground. Game wardens came in and threatened to write the guy up for wanton waste of game unless we took the deer in right then, and followed the guy out out to the highway. ??? So yeah, stuff happens.

In 1999 I had a friend who got directions to hunt a place over the phone from the landowner. We drove there after work with his scribbles.

Do you know how many beans fields there are on the right side of the road and left side of the creek in Iowa?

Walking back to the truck in the dark I can see someone in the bushes smoking a cig by the trucks. We get to the trucks it was a MASSIVE swat operation. Several CO officers, couple sheriffs, land owner the whole 9 yards. Trespass WHile Hunting.

Friend felt horrible and offered to pay my ticket $90. I sucked it up and paid it, I should have checked the map and source myself.

In 91 we were hunting state lands east of Fort Peck Res. The guy leasing the grazing of this land had it posted. He came up and gave me some attitude. We gave it back. He promised a visit from the sheriff. In the morning we got woke up by a deputy from that county. He checked the tags of the game we had. My hunting partner inadvertently cut out the month of September instead of Oct. The deputy said we needed to go to Circle to see the Judge. I said good cause I was going to press charges against his buddy for disruption of a lawful hunt anyway (Hunter harassment law). The deputy decided that the tag being cut wasn't a big deal after all. But chit does happen.

If you don't, hunt alone and sometimes not even with yourself. Half the time with the game cops it's throw as many tickets against the wall and see how many stick. Wouldn't let that stop me from hunting with a buddy.

Have you seen the "Cepacol" comercial?

I was watching Speed channel broadcast of the truck race from Daytona tonight.
Commercial time and quess what? I saw that gay, I mean guy, Moosie in a "GIRAFFE' suit. Pretty hilarious.hump

My biggest worry of hunting with someone is how they handle a firearm, if they are unsafe then I wont even consider it, you can tell by the way people talk if you feel safe and want to hunt with them.
in talking if they talk about shooting this out of season or that out of season, then no I won't hunt with then.
I guess what I am saying is I don't want to end up coming back to camp and a guy has a elk hanging and its not even in season, its not a probem that I need to deal with.

why do you ask moosie? you going on a hunt with Mike Brownlee or Ryan Hatch? ;)

NAhhhhh, neither of them, but I will be hunting Colorado this year (Most likely) with a friend of mine I know I'll get some Grief over when his picture comes up in the photo's :eek::D I always Walk my own path, look at things my own way, but always interested in what others think and "say".... So I just asked.

I'm thinking back and I've yet to get pinched. I'm not saying I'm clean at all. I have done some stuff back in the day that wasn't as it should have been. All the stuff I do now is over above board on the legal side to the best of my ability.

Interesting...

The guy leasing the grazing of this land had it posted. He came up and gave me some attitude. We gave it back.

I don't get this, so you were on land that you weren't supposed to be?? I know that landowners can bust you if you are on land that you do not have permission, but what if the landowner thought you were in the wrong area?
I heard that if you piss off a landowner just asking for permission he will just turn you in for trespass. Need a little insight here

Hey BLue re-read my post. It says STATE LANDS is where we were. I had permission from Marc Raciot to be there. It's illegal to post STATE LANDS in Montan. He only gets to use the grass.

NAhhhhh, neither of them, but I will be hunting Colorado this year (Most likely) with a friend of mine I know I'll get some Grief over when his picture comes up in the photo's :eek::D I always Walk my own path, look at things my own way, but always interested in what others think and "say".... So I just asked.

I'm thinking back and I've yet to get pinched. I'm not saying I'm clean at all. I have done some stuff back in the day that wasn't as it should have been. All the stuff I do now is over above board on the legal side to the best of my ability.

Interesting...

ya going hunting with the smoke pole i take it?

Interesting...

Jeff? disregard the question mark. :eek:

IMO there is no comparing a guy with a hunting violation to a guy who is a convicted poacher.

I have know a few guys who gave in to temptation. People I've known my whole life and have even went hunting with. But from the time I heard they were poaching/were caught we could no longer be hunting buddies. I will still say hi to them when I see them but that is all. I don't want to assoicated with any poachers because you know how the saying goes "birds of the same feather, flock together".

My first year hunting (12 years old) my dad took me into the Greys River country hunting elk on horseback. We were miles back there and had numerous canyons to ourselves (good old days). The day before the season opened for elk we were hunting deer. Right before dark we came across a monster 6 pt bull elk with about 12 cows. I had not killed anything yet in life and want to shoot that bull so badly. My dad told me I could shoot it if I really wanted to, but that I would have to live with the fact that I shot it before the season started. I ended up not shooting and the bull wasn't there the next day. Its situations like that that I think a lot of people cannot hold back and they do something "stupid". I wanted that elk so badly. Hell even if I would of decided to shoot I would of miss. I was shaking so badly. ;)

Sorry didnt see the state lands part, I am sure that probably watching you guys shoot he was more concerned with his cows than whose place you were on (State, or Private) Didn't mean to get you riled up.

Yummies, this moron didn't see us shoot, we were just exercising our rights to our land. He didn't have cows on this property. He was trying to claim it as his own, for selfish reason's I'm sure.

ya going hunting with the smoke pole i take it?

No, It will be with a rifle probably. Might break out the Muzz.

Jeff? disregard the question mark. :eek:

IMO there is no comparing a guy with a hunting violation to a guy who is a convicted poacher.

I don't want to assoicated with any poachers because you know how the saying goes "birds of the same feather, flock together".

Yah Jeff. I've been talking to him for 5-6 years and have enough points I might head to CO this year. We'll see what the next little bit brings with work first. I emailed and called him up and invited him with me if I go. Although, maybe he won't want to Associate with a guy like "me". ;)

Wyo, Are you going to call me a Poacher when I get a Good buck if I go with him ? Am I going to be a "Bird of a Feather" ?!?! I mean, I'm OK if you do, I just wanna know :p

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheyenneKennedy
Back