Would you still hunt with....

Would you hunt with someone with a hunting Violation ?

• Yes, It doesn't matter if he/she has taken game out of season or multiple animals.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only if they haven't been convicted.

• As long as it wasn't serious.

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • I'm not answering your dumb Questions.

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • No, not even if it was because he punched the wrong date on his tag.

• Total voters
Big Fin, Thanks for the insight and also for encouraging me and my highly opinionated wife to stay on here, I truly appreciate that. She was seriously considering not posting anymore but I told her that it was a good thing to have the landowners point of view as well as the sportsman. Maybe we can keep it fair and balanced.

I haven't quite yet figured out why everyone is so scared of NeMont and why he has run everyone off and why people think he is so educated. I think "highly opinionated" (similiar to CBM) would describe him better, and with a slight bit of "know it all" thrown in there as well. If Greenhorn and NeMont are two of the most experienced ranch boys as well as two of the most informed on here than that is really taking away from some of the other posters on here and insulting their intelligence. Big Fin, I can tell that you are way smarter and way more informed. Come on, your better than that!

Big Shooter.

PLEASE don't mix us having "respect" for Nemont as us being "scared" of him.

There's a Difference..........

Big Shooter- I believe Nemont and Greenhorn have a perspective that not many on this forum have...They have lived on both sides of the "orange fence". They have a perspective of landowner and sportsman. It sounds like you have a definite perspective of landowner but may be lacking in the sportsman's perspective. Nemont and Greenhorn have earned respect on this site due to their diligence concerning matters of both landowner and that of a sportsman. Both would be equally welcome in most people's camp on this site due to this.

bigshot, cowmama, blueyummy.. have never claimed to be any sort of an experienced ranch dude, nor did I get mad at any rancher/outfitter last fall.. I am skilled at recognizing BS though.

Oscar. There is something I am wondering. If the person has a conviction and a supension of hunting rights would it be a violation if they are with you during a hunt ?Would you be in the wrong then also if they are with you at that time?:confused::confused:

blue yummies beverage holder, per the local influence..

reach out of the double bull blind, take a sip, place beverage back in the holder..

Attachments

• beerholder.jpg
    beerholder.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 170
MattK...I am sure that both NeMont as well as Greenhorn have perspectives from both sides of the fence, and so do I as I am not only a landowner/rancher but also a very avid sportsman (well, hunter...fishing really doesn't fit into my schedule all that good). So yes, I see things from both sides of the orange fence as well.

Moosie.........my bad! I should have chosen my wording a little better.

Greenhorn.......Big Fin claimed that you and NeMont were two of the most informed and experienced "ranch boys" on the site. So, you are correct when you claim to have never said that, but it was stated by someone that has been listening to you and NeMont pat yourselves on the back longer than I have. And again, Big Fin seems to be an extremely intelligent individual that is well informed. If you are so "skilled" at recoginizing BS than let's hear it.

NeMont......Was that goat "roping" or goat "raping"?

MattK...I am sure that both NeMont as well as Greenhorn have perspectives from both sides of the fence, and so do I as I am not only a landowner/rancher but also a very avid sportsman (well, hunter...fishing really doesn't fit into my schedule all that good). So yes, I see things from both sides of the orange fence as well.

Moosie.........my bad! I should have chosen my wording a little better.

Greenhorn.......Big Fin claimed that you and NeMont were two of the most informed and experienced "ranch boys" on the site. So, you are correct when you claim to have never said that, but it was stated by someone that has been listening to you and NeMont pat yourselves on the back longer than I have. And again, Big Fin seems to be an extremely intelligent individual that is well informed. If you are so "skilled" at recoginizing BS than let's hear it.

NeMont......Was that goat "roping" or goat "raping"?

I would reply but I already told BigFin that I didn't want to frighten you off.

I would ask you one question though, if I am not too scary, can you find a post of me patting myself on the back anywhere on this site?

Goat Raping???? Come on you can do better then that.

Nemont

Oh one more question-Name a single person I have runoff of this site.

Big shooter, just curious, how long have you owned your ranch? Did you inherit it, marry into it, or did cowmama? Or did you use some trustfund money to buy a hobby ranch? Are you a southpark fan? Ever seen imaginationland? I hope you can take a little ribbing. I love patting myself on my back, but try not to confuse sarcasm with stupidity.

Greenhorn......bought it ourselves a few years back. Come out some time and I will get you horseback and you can put a full days work in. Yes, I can take plenty of ribbing, don't worry about that.

NeMont...........you can't run me off as I am here to stay. Goat "Raping" thing...you are right, I am better than that. (I was in a hurry)!

Big Fin, Thanks for the insight and also for encouraging me and my highly opinionated wife to stay on here, I truly appreciate that.

Glad to oblige.

If you have been married very long, you should know that the terms "wife" and "opinionated" are inseparable, and having been married for twenty years, I say that from experience. Nothing bad about that at all, just a fact of life. And I am married to the best wife in the land, opinionated and all.

She was seriously considering not posting anymore but I told her that it was a good thing to have the landowners point of view as well as the sportsman. Maybe we can keep it fair and balanced.

Fair and balanced is boring. Don't expect that in a hunting forum, or any forum for that matter. Are you sure she wasn't afraid of Greenie and NEMont? Or, some of the other guys she called out?

I haven't quite yet figured out why everyone is so scared of NeMont and why he has run everyone off and why people think he is so educated. I think "highly opinionated" (similiar to CBM) would describe him better, and with a slight bit of "know it all" thrown in there as well.

Now that's funny right there. Ain't nobody scared of nobody around here, at least not what I know of. Hell, I have seen guys give their addresses, in the event the testy guy on the other end of the debate wanted to drop by and "scare" someone.

NEMont hasn't run off anyone, other than the mental midgets who get schooled and run back to mommy for protection. We are all better off for him dusting off the annoying "wanna be's." And we are obliged to others who do the same, when the time calls for it.

If Greenhorn and NeMont are two of the most experienced ranch boys as well as two of the most informed on here than that is really taking away from some of the other posters on here and insulting their intelligence.

Not at all. Some of the smartest hunters in the www hang out here, so they are not insulted at all. Every imaginable topic that can be discussed would be addressed by some Hunttalker in a way that would send the blowhards back to the teat. In this case, Greenie and NEMont know of what they speak.

Maybe you should hang around more, and call them out on a few more issues, especially on topics that they know better than most. I only take safe bets, so my money is already placed on them. Nothing personal, just my conservative nature when it comes to wagering.

And if there are some other topics you or cowboymomma want to chime in on, I hope you do. You will add much to the discussion.

Don't be surprised if you are watching a thread, and some guys standback and let one of the true experts carry the debate. We all pretty much know when a guy is the real deal, and we stand back. In this case, deferring to Greenie and NEMont, is a good idea.

Big Fin, I can tell that you are way smarter and way more informed.....

How can you tell that? Hell, as stupid as I sound, I hope I am actually "way smarter and way more informed" than I come across.

Shows what you know. I am a hillbilly from the backwoods of northern Minnesota who married a rich gal from Montana and am here living the good life. I have my staff post these replies, as I am really not very smart or informed. Sorry to disappoint.

If you are gonna stay around, you gotta post some pics. You state you are an avid hunter, so lets see 'em. You have the benefit of seeing all our pics and reading our posts, so lets see some of your cards.

Aren't scared of NEMont, are ya? Cowboymomma isn't callin' the shots and keepin' you from sharing with us, is she :rolleyes:? Start a new thread with your pic and stories - that is what this site is really about.

I'm really feeling for ya Big Fin, you bought this place just in time for three of the most annoying posters I've ever seen to show up.

I have hunted for several years with an old guy that lost his rights on a fishing violation.
He is a hoot to be around and the only negative is that after his rights were reinstated and stared taking him fishing and hunting I have been checked by wardens more times than I care to think about. It’s ok they check me but 3 times in one day seems to be a little extra. I have never had a violation so I figure it is me being with the old fart, as I call him.. He can out shot almost anybody I know, he just cannot walk any more so without help he would not go.

I'm really feeling for ya Big Fin, you bought this place just in time for three of the most annoying posters I've ever seen to show up.

No shit those guys are the most annoying posters ever, I thought it was just me that they annoyed. Greenie, Nemot, Shoots-Left would you guys try not to ruin this thread.

Lots of way to get convicted of a hunting violation.. Shoot a bull and kill the bull and the cow that you couldn't see behind him.. Tell the game warden and you get convicted. You did the right thing by telling G&F about it, but you still get cited and convicted. So that is an ethical violation. Which way do you go?

:cool:

Lots of way to get convicted of a hunting violation.. Shoot a bull and kill the bull and the cow that you couldn't see behind him.. Tell the game warden and you get convicted. You did the right thing by telling G&F about it, but you still get cited and convicted. So that is an ethical violation. Which way do you go?

:cool:

Convicted because G&F will argue that you weren't "sure of your target before firing a shot"?

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VaDon
Back