Would you guys use this site??

Mr Cuervo, I'm glad you chimed in. The first thing that I did was run this idea past the Gambling Control Division of the Montana Department of Justice and got a total green light. Exact words: "We have no problem with this whatsoever".

Here's how the site works: Landowners register and enroll acres, species, and hunting district. Hunters then look to see how many acres (if any) are enrolled in their area. If there are enough acres to interest them then they purchase a listing with a profile page in the hunter database. Come fall the landowners are reminded to return to the website and begin inviting hunters. They will see names and hometowns. They click on a name and the profile page appears. He decides to invite or not based on that information. It's not chance, it's a decision. The website then e-mails the hunter telling him that he has been invited to hunt on a 5000 acre ranch in district 700 during date A to date B. The hunter then returns to the website and accepts the hunt or not. Upon acceptance the hunter sees the landowners name, phone# and e-mail address. The hunter then contacts the landowner and sets up the hunt.

The bottom line is this: we've got a game damage problem in Montana. Any program that tries to deal with it costs money. Block Management costs money. You pay for it on your license whether you use BMA's or not. Paying for fencing and control measures by FWP costs money. Setting up damage hunts costs money. Doecowhunt.com costs money too. Nothing is ever free. Having hunters pay a small fee to list in the database is the only way to make this work. Landowners surely aren't willing to pay for it.

I'm just trying to offer a solution to a real problem for farmers and ranchers in Montana. After all, they feed and provide habitat for the majority of wildlife in the state, the same wildlife that we want to hunt.

This isn't for everyone and isn't meant to be. But it will help landowners with their bottom line and help fill the freezers of a lot of Montana hunters during these hard times.

Thanks for your comments,

Carl

I was "told" about this site that is called ashleymadison.com
a site where if you want to cheat on your wife you can have an affair with someone who is looking to cheat on their spouse and there are supposed to never find out.
If that works then this doecowhunt might work

If that works then this doecowhunt might work

LMFAO

I was wondering since you've had this thing up for years, but are finally gettting it up and running? Haven't you been going to get it up and running for the last 5 years?

Is it a good idea? I guess. I still think its lame and a lazy way out.

Good luck to ya, I'm sure there will be peole who will use it.

WTF is a Blue Yummy anyway?

Bambistew, have you read any of my posts?

As is usual on these types of forums, this discussion had descended into the pit of asshattery.

Adios fellas,

Carl

Good luck Carl. Sounds like a good system. I am lucky enough to have plenty of areas to fill antlerless tags already, but I am sure there are folks that will benefit from your website that brings hunters and landowners together.

dowcowhunt, there's some ranchers in the Froid/Med Lake area that go bonkers on tough snow years and piss and moan for the FWP to kill everything that moves and might be in their haystacks, which results in liberal January and March antlerless damage hunts, when bucks don't even have antlers. go to town.. good luck.

Carl, I like the idea of what you are doing and I wish you the best. I would imagine that there are both residents as well as non-residents that would appreciate the opportunity to get hooked up with some areas to fill some doe tags or cow tags. I can't really see where the "scam" comes in that Jose is flapping his soup coolers about, when it costs $5. Good Luck with it.

Blue Yummies.........this ashleymadison.com thing is awfully intriguinghumphump

As is usual on these types of forums, this discussion had descended into the pit of asshattery.

Adios fellas,

Carl

I was curious about it and then you insult us. I was wanting to get on it to be able to hunt on new country and I can't even sign up??
You still havent answered how many ranchers you currently have signed up. You havent given any details, and why would I want to look at your FAQ's when I can yell at you.

Ya Big shooter, I heard that website on the howard stern channel on the satellite thingy. I doubt to many Montana people are on it.

Seems like a really good idea. I doubt something like this would work in UT. Here folks pay a few hundred bucks to get private land cow tags to hunt...

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back