Worse than a game farm

What is the issue? Is this an area where it's usually catch and release? If not, then why is the balloon going up? I would think that the impact on wild trout would be minimal. From what I've seen, those fish are returned to the water alive. If that's not the case, then I think people may have a legitimate reason to be concerned. All in all, I don't think there is enough information there to draw a conclusion.

cool.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 02-11-2003 12:05: Message edited by: danr55 ]</font>

I don't have enough information on the issue to make a good decision. How is the tournement going to be set up? What are the rules of fish handling?

Its about commericalization of OUR wild trout.
Its not that big of stretch from canned game farms.

How many people will be allowed to fish? What will they do to safe guard the health of the fish?

We have bass tournements all the time. How is that different?

Some one needs to explain the difference here.

How is a tournament for wild trout similar to a game farm?
rolleyes.gif

I fish in quite a few tourneys around here and you must weigh the fish live, and the fish must be released. You weigh a dead fish you lose half the weight...

Obviously you haven't heard of Bassmasters.
tongue.gif
If you want to improve "your" wild trout population, one of the best things you could do would be to get a "Troutmasters" circuit started. Big money means big management. Bass get number one billing in many areas in the east because they're the NASCAR of fishing.
wink.gif

If they follow the rules they had a couple years ago each angler has somebody with them to measure and weigh the fish they want to represent their catch. They only are allowed 1 fish measurement per day . All fish are released right away.

I dont understand the connection either? Commercialization of the Game?
I will be the trouts agent then
biggrin.gif

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnbighunter
Back